Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #16
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
OK, thanks Pokee. Sorry you're having these troubles. I'll try and get people to look into this issue further.
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #17
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Thanks, JW. I'd be curious to know if this has been reported before. I think I've seen posts here where it's happened to a couple of others - so I wonder if it's triggered by a dead battery.

I am actually glad I did the factory reset. It sort of makes me feel a bit better that it worked and that even a bad error like this was resolvable on my own!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #18
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I had the same problem Sunday and did a factory reset, everything works ok now...
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #19
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
I had the same problem Sunday and did a factory reset, everything works ok now...
Yikes...not good.

Do you remember what led to the issue?

I am thinking allowing my battery to drain caused the issue...I can't think of anything else I did to cause it.

I documented all of my activity in the hours prior to this issue and sent it to the development team. I had a feeling it would pop up again...
Old 11-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #20
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
The only thing I can see is I put it to sleep in the middle of reading a book without going back to the library first or clearing all the little arrows in my status bar a little while before that
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 11:48 PM   #21
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Yikes...not good.

Do you remember what led to the issue?

I am thinking allowing my battery to drain caused the issue...I can't think of anything else I did to cause it.

I documented all of my activity in the hours prior to this issue and sent it to the development team. I had a feeling it would pop up again...
Pokee, I had exactly the same issues, the same error messages, after my battery ran out overnight, so it seems that is the cause of the problem. I am 5 minutes from boxing it up and taking it back to Future Shop. This device was not ready for market, in my opinion.

Last edited by easterncoyote; 11-23-2011 at 11:54 PM.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #22
ifreedom
ifreedom began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Same issue here too! I've spent more time screwing with this things quirks than actually using it! BTW, my battery was not dead at all. In fact when I did clear data the battery is showing full still. I was reading it, then press the top bottun and put it away. When I got home it was on fro some reason waiting for me to unlock it!

So I unlocked and it was stuck on loading... with the same systemui message.

The only difference is last night I downloaded jeff's app package and installed the apps. This morning I registered teh dolphin app and that's it. So I've now uninstalled it, not sure if it was the culprit.

Also, while it was frozen on loading...i did an upgrade too.

I cleared out my data and cache it looks like as is well. It took a bit to find my library kept telling me I had network connecdtion issues adn now it's trying to download my book. crossing my fingers...
ifreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:08 PM   #23
SoulTrain
SoulTrain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I am seeing the "Status Bar (process com.android.systemui) has stopped unexpectedly" error. I can't get the top bar to show up. This seems to have occurred tonight after I tried to open Angry Birds. That application hung on the load screen, so I did a hard reboot (held power button down for 10+ seconds. It was when I powered up after that that I first saw the error.

I do not seem to be having any trouble with my Kobo library, or the mosaic widget.

I need to know how to fix this. Is the factory reset the only option?

As a side note, how many people on here actually read books on their Vox? Or even play games? How many feel like they are spending more time troubleshooting issues than actually using their device? I am personally very frustrated.
SoulTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:29 PM   #24
ifreedom
ifreedom began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
did you try clearing your data and re-inputing your kobo info?

I hear you the issues with this thing. I have until jan to return it so it it doesn't get better by then...well...
Too bad I can't get my hands on one of those $200 playbooks!
ifreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #25
SoulTrain

I have not yet tried clearing the data and re-inputting the Kobo info. I've avoided that since my Kobo app seems to be working fine, and it didn't seem like that helped the other users (unless I'm reading something wrong, which is possible).
Old 11-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #26
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Mine is working quite well overall. My wife wanted to try it out today so I didn't take it to work (where it is mostly a music player except in meetings when I want to bring up a document). Now I may have to get another one!

She ran it most of the day while I was away, was up for 12.5 hours including my early morning reading until I got home after work. I have it set to no sleep wifi and she ran it for 3.5 hours on battery with wifi on before she had to charge it (battery usage said wifi 50%, kobo reader idle 44%, display 6% with display at lowest setting). No hiccoughs believe it or not.

Yes, once in a while it wakes from sleep or won't wake up properly but overall it works well.

App games, I don't do so much. They just aren't good enough to hold my interest for long. The XBOX 360 is for games...

But we read lots and surf lots on our Vox, maybe soon to be two Voxes. And play music and videos, view pictures.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #27
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
Mine is working quite well overall. My wife wanted to try it out today so I didn't take it to work (where it is mostly a music player except in meetings when I want to bring up a document). Now I may have to get another one!
Yes, once in a while it wakes from sleep or won't wake up properly but overall it works well.
App games, I don't do so much. They just aren't good enough to hold my interest for long. The XBOX 360 is for games...
But we read lots and surf lots on our Vox, maybe soon to be two Voxes. And play music and videos, view pictures.
Same here, I do everything on it but play games (not my thing...). I've had no problems with my Vox even though I rooted it and have installed/uninstalled different apps. Only problem was with Dolphin browser so I switched to Opera instead. Guess I was lucky enough to get a good one!
Let's hope it stays that way!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #28
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulTrain View Post
I am seeing the "Status Bar (process com.android.systemui) has stopped unexpectedly" error. I can't get the top bar to show up. This seems to have occurred tonight after I tried to open Angry Birds. That application hung on the load screen, so I did a hard reboot (held power button down for 10+ seconds. It was when I powered up after that that I first saw the error.

I do not seem to be having any trouble with my Kobo library, or the mosaic widget.

I need to know how to fix this. Is the factory reset the only option?

As a side note, how many people on here actually read books on their Vox? Or even play games? How many feel like they are spending more time troubleshooting issues than actually using their device? I am personally very frustrated.
Yeah, trying to resolve by clearing my Kobo data and re-doing set up actually made my problem worse (first just had the status bar message - then got the library error with 'pegasus' app). A factory reset was the only this that solved this in the end.

I am FINALLY starting to READ on my Vox, more than TROUBLESHOOT problems on my Vox. It only took 1 month!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #29
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
What problems with Dolphin? Mine works fine though it seems to have some security issues which is too bad.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #30
SoulTrain

Thanks for the clarification, pokee. I will go the factory reset route. Is it enough to do the "software" factory reset, or do I have to pull the back cover off? I am loathe to do that, as I am quite confident in my ability to break something :-)