Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
stevenharper
Connoisseur
stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Two New SF Novels

I'd like to announce that Dreamer and Nightmare, the first two novels of my Silent Empire series have come to the Kindle.

Both are science fiction. Dreamer is adventure and space opera. Nightmare is a hunt for a serial killer. Although they're in a series, both books stand entirely alone. I put the cover blurbs below, for those who want to look. Price: $1.79.

DREAMER
It is through first contact with an alien species that humanity learns of the Dream. It is a plane of mental existence where people are able to communicate by their thoughts alone--over distances of thousands of light-years. To ensure that future generations will have this ability, human genetic engineering produces newborns capable of finding and navigating the Dream.

They become known as the Silent.

Rust is just one planet among many in the Empire of Human Unity. It's nothing special, nothing unusual...except for the fact that it is home to an unknown boy who may be the most powerful Silent telepath ever born--a Silent with the ability to possess the bodies of others against their will. This mysterious child may be causing tremors within the Dream itself.

For now, only the Children of Irfan know about him. A monastic-like order of the Silent, the Children protect their members even as they barter their services with the governments and corporations that control known space. But power like that cannot be hidden, and soon every Silent in the universe will know about the boy--and every government will be willing to go to war to control him.

And if the Children of Irfan cannot find him first, the Dream itself may be shattered...

NIGHTMARE
In the future, dreams keep the universe running. Dreamers, known as "Silent," are able to look into other people's dreams, communicate with other Silent across the galaxy, and speak to aliens. Silent construct dreams for themselves more vivid than reality.

But some dreams have become nightmares...

Kendi Weaver doesn't know he's Silent. Hijacked into slavery, he has resigned himself to a life of servitude. Then the discovery of his innate gift for dream communication changes everything. Suddenly Kendi is a very valuable commodity. He is rescued by the Children of Irfan--a society dedicated to freeing enslaved Silent--and taken to their planet, Bellerophon.

But Bellerophon is hardly a safe refuge. A brutal serial killer is murdering Silent in their telepathic dreams, and Kendi is soon embroiled in a world of madness and murder. To catch the killer, he must enter the victims' dreams...

--Steven Harper Piziks
stevenharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Both of your books sound very interesting. The problem is that I don't have a Kindle and would like to have these in a format for my Sony 505.

Are your books offered in any other format besides the Kindle?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
Daniel Morris
Daniel Morris began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, kindle
I'll check 'em out!
Daniel Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
stevenharper
Connoisseur
stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Silent Empire series

They're available! My Silent Empire books are now up and running in PDF, EPUB, MOBI, .prc, .lit, and .lrf formats. No DRM. Each book is $1.79, a great price!

You can find them in all formats here: http://www.bookviewcafe.com/index.ph...Piziks-Novels/

The books are Dreamer, Nightmare, Trickster, and Offspring, and were originally published by Penguin/Roc. The back cover for Dreamer reads:

It is through first contact with an alien species that humanity learns of the Dream. It is a plane of mental existence where people are able to communicate by their thoughts alone--over distances of thousands of light-years. To ensure that future generations will have this ability, human genetic engineering produces newborns capable of finding and navigating the Dream.

They become known as the Silent.

Rust is just one planet among many in the Empire of Human Unity. It's nothing special, nothing unusual...except for the fact that it is home to an unknown boy who may be the most powerful Silent telepath ever born--a Silent with the ability to possess the bodies of others against their will. This mysterious child may be causing tremors within the Dream itself.

For now, only the Children of Irfan know about him. A monastic-like order of the Silent, the Children protect their members even as they barter their services with the governments and corporations that control known space. But power like that cannot be hidden, and soon every Silent in the universe will know about the boy--and every government will be willing to go to war to control him.

And if the Children of Irfan cannot find him first, the Dream itself may be shattered...

Go check them out!

--Steven Harper Piziks

Old 11-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Steve:

Post moved.

The upload section is for free books only.

Thanks.

Don (Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
stevenharper
Connoisseur

Okay! You can delete the duplicate thread--we don't need two.

Last edited by stevenharper; 11-14-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Already performed before your post.

Don (Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #8
stevenharper
Connoisseur

Now I might be dealing with Smashwords, too. Wish me luck, everyone!
Old 11-19-2009, 01:26 AM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenharper View Post
Now I might be dealing with Smashwords, too. Wish me luck, everyone!
LUCK!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #10
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Folks -- if you like science fiction with well-developed characters (as contrasted to the high-technology or military SF themes), let me strongly recommend that you pick up all four of these books. I recently read them -- in paperback -- and swapped the books away. I'm going to go get the e-Books so I can have them for a re-read any time I want.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #11
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Let us know when it is up on Smashwords. I am really interested in your books, and want them, but a bit leery by how Book View Cafe lists it as a subscription, and not a purchase. Typically subscriptions expire.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #12
angelbleu
Enthusiast
angelbleu began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Bold
Hmm... I've always liked good SF books, and the premise sounds very interesting.

Somewhat reminds me of "The Helper and His Hero" by Matthew Hughes, a novella which was a finalist for the 2008 Nebula awards, and which I enjoyed very much.

I think I'll pick up the first book, since the price is so affordable.
angelbleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #13
angelbleu
Enthusiast
angelbleu began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Bold
I just bought the first book (Dreamer), and I have one suggestion.

The title of the ePub format shows as "Harper-SilentEmpire2-Dreamer", which is rather misleading (makes you think that it's the second book of the series, rather than the first), and doesn't look pretty.

Wouldn't it be better to change the title to something like "Silent Empire 1: Dreamer"?
angelbleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #14
stevenharper
Connoisseur

Oh! It's called a subscription because once you pay for the book, you get access (you subscribe) to all forms and formats of the book. It doesn't expire. You have it forever, with no DRM.

--Steven Harper Piziks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Let us know when it is up on Smashwords. I am really interested in your books, and want them, but a bit leery by how Book View Cafe lists it as a subscription, and not a purchase. Typically subscriptions expire.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
stevenharper
Connoisseur

That's the name of the meta-file. NIGHTMARE (which takes place first, though it was published second) is being offered free, chapter by chapter, on Book View Cafe's site, and it's the first book listed on the page. I am going to see about switching title, though. If you read NIGHTMARE first, you're still fine.

--Steven Harper Piziks

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbleu View Post
I just bought the first book (Dreamer), and I have one suggestion.

The title of the ePub format shows as "Harper-SilentEmpire2-Dreamer", which is rather misleading (makes you think that it's the second book of the series, rather than the first), and doesn't look pretty.

Wouldn't it be better to change the title to something like "Silent Empire 1: Dreamer"?