Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #691
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
No. Just trying to debug that OCR-lookup problem. No idea why it doesn't work. deBugging the hell out of me.
I was asking jlynton, since he mentioned build 623
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:15 AM   #692
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Markismus reported it on github and it got fixed within 30 minutes I guess you started building koreader yourself?
No, I got it from https://code.google.com/p/koreader-p...downloads/list about 24 hrs ago, I see that it is not there now, but there is a build nº. 613.

EDIT: Sorry, typo in the original post, it was build 613, which was later replaced by another 613.

Last edited by jlynton; 10-25-2013 at 03:20 AM.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:27 AM   #693
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
EDIT: Sorry, typo in the original post, it was build 613, which was later replaced by another 613.
Ah, that's odd: Two with the same number. But it does explain upload time as some this morning instead of yesterday. It's got another build code if you look at the garbage at the end: 613-g2cefdf7 versus the older 613-gb2538f9.

Last edited by Markismus; 10-25-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:12 AM   #694
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Ah, that's odd: Two with the same number. But it does explain upload time as some this morning instead of yesterday. It's got another build code if you look at the garbage at the end: 613-g2cefdf7 versus the older 613-gb2538f9.
Yes, I saw that the "garbage" was different.

The font weirdness that I mentioned earlier is still there, as is the margins problem.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #695
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Just to add to the confusion; I was able to download:
koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-629-g2557480.zip 11,138KB
Created:Yesterday, ‎October ‎24, ‎2013, ‏‎5:30:04 PM (per windows file properties)

I also have the original 316 11,138KB. I guess the new 316 11,366KB is the latest?

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-25-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #696
jlynton
Evangelist

koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-613-g2cefdf7.zip koreader-kobo-nightly-20131025 is the latest one.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #697
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
No, I got it from https://code.google.com/p/koreader-p...downloads/list about 24 hrs ago, I see that it is not there now, but there is a build nº. 613.

I'm sure there was a glitch in the matrix, considering, the building machine is in fact named 'matrix'. :P
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #698
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
The developers are doing a great job to make kobo truly alive. Thank you so much. However, to a person who has neither knowledge about Linux nor experience with Kobo, the instruction on how to install Koreader looks confusing. The instructions change as the project advances. I read a few threads but still can't figure out the relationship among Koreader (koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-625-g001034e), KoboLauncher (pbchess-1.2.6) and Kobo File Monitor (fmon).
1) Which one of the three should I install first?
2) I tried to install the monitor first but at certain point KoboLauncher (pbchess-1.2.6) seemed to include Kobo File Monitor. Does it mean I should install KoboLaucher instead?
3)The Koreader, the monitor and KoboLauncher all have a zip file with the same name "Koboroot", which to put under .kobo?
4) How/where to add the two custom commands? A dummy here.
These may not be problems for people following the project from the very begginning. Could anyone kindly provide an up-to-date guide for a new user of Kobo Aura HD? Or maybe such guide already exists?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by jshzh; 10-28-2013 at 01:35 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #699
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
The developers are doing a great job to make kobo truly alive. Thank you so much. However, to a person who has neither knowledge about Linux nor experience with Kobo, the instruction on how to install Koreader looks confusing. The instructions change as the project advances. I read a few threads but still can't figure out the relationship among Koreader (koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-625-g001034e), KoboLauncher (pbchess-1.2.6) and Kobo File Monitor (fmon).
1) Which one of the three should I install first?
2) I tried to install the monitor first but at certain point KoboLauncher (pbchess-1.2.6) seemed to include Kobo File Monitor. Does it mean I should install KoboLaucher instead?
3)The Koreader, the monitor and KoboLauncher all have a zip file with the same name "Koboroot", which to put under .kobo?
4) How/where to add the two custom commands? A dummy here.
These may not be problems for people following the project from the very begginning. Could anyone kindly provide an up-to-date guide for a new user of Kobo Aura HD? Or maybe such guide already exists?

Thank you for your help.
The instructions in the Readme file included in nightly builds of koreader for kobos are intended to install it on a pristine device. Kobolauncher is independent from koreader and is not required to use it, and if you want to install both of those the order of installation should be irrelevant. Kobolauncher used to include fmon but from the next release onwards it shouldn't be the case anymore.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:52 AM   #700
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
The instructions in the Readme file included in nightly builds of koreader for kobos are intended to install it on a pristine device. Kobolauncher is independent from koreader and is not required to use it, and if you want to install both of those the order of installation should be irrelevant. Kobolauncher used to include fmon but from the next release onwards it shouldn't be the case anymore.
Thank you very much, Giorgio. I suppose the following two actions are not necessary after installing the monitor (i.e. the first KoboRoot.tgz)?
1. Copy launcher png icon to the kobo flash root directory (e.g. reboot.png)
2. Create the script for this icon in the .kobo/fmon
Old 10-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #701
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you very much, Giorgio. I suppose the following two actions are not necessary after installing the monitor (i.e. the first KoboRoot.tgz)?
The critical thing to keep in mind is that the .png files need to be in the folder that opens when you select the "KoboReader" drive, that appears on your PC when you connect with the USB cable - and - that after moving the .png files from your PC to your Kobo device, you safely disconnect the USB cable and let the device "process" the files. When you disconnect the USB cable you should see a message on your device telling you that it is Processing the files, just as you should when you add ebooks to be read by the Kobo software. If you don't see that message (or just to be on the safe side) you should power off the device and then power it back on. If the files still need processing, you should see the message during the start up of your device.

Once the image files have been processed, you can select them off your home page, just like any newly added ebook, at this point they should appear as simple full page images. It is after you reconnect the USB cable and then install the KoboRoot.tgz file, which will install the programing that will turn the image files into launching tiles.

On future updates you will only need to copyover/merge the update folder over the old program folder on your device. (If you have any custom files, that get overwritten by the update, you would copy them over after the update.) I have a custom version of the "koreader_kobo.sh" that I copy over after every Koreader update. With it's rapid development, I keep a copy of that file on my desktop.

The launcher scripts that go in .kobo/fmon are normally placed there as part of the installation or update of the programs. "launcher.sh" is installed in /fmon as part of the Pbchess install. "koreader.sh" is installed in /fmon as part of the Koreader install.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-30-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #702
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
I assume those steps are in the fmon installing procedure. No, they're not needed. What Ken says is right, updating is much more immediate than installing.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #703
jshzh
Addict

Thank you, Ken and Giorgio.

The Koreader seems to work properly now - mostly - except that the non-English book titles appear as question marks ????? in the "history" list. Under "FileManager" everything is displayed properly. Should I move or add "fonts" somewhere else?

Another question regarding Stardict dictionaries. I found tesseract-ocr-3.02 for other languages and I tried a Russian dictionary and training OCR but didn't work in Russian books. I read somewhere dictionaries only work for English so far but still hope other languages will work some day.

Last edited by jshzh; 10-28-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #704
jlynton
Evangelist

It's happened again, this morning I went to https://code.google.com/p/koreader-p...downloads/list and downloaded the latest kobo packege: koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-631-g92ede68.zip. Now it isn't there anymore.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #705
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
It's happened again, this morning I went to https://code.google.com/p/koreader-p...downloads/list and downloaded the latest kobo packege: koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-631-g92ede68.zip. Now it isn't there anymore.
I notice that there is a Kindle 631 there though. It could be that just reflects the changes at https://github.com/koreader/koreader have all, since the last Kobo build version, been fixes/improvements that only effect the Kindle port.
(Just an impression.)

Edit: just downloaded "koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-631-g92ede68.zip"

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-29-2013 at 06:20 PM.