Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-22-2017, 01:18 AM   #1
lucasmpr
Enthusiast
lucasmpr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Are WAFs/Mesquite dead?

I'm trying to make WebLaunch work on KT3, but I'm having really trouble finding resources about wafs/mesquite, has it got superseeded/outdated on newer firmwares?

I've gone through the entire master index, and looks like I'm standing on new grounds.
lucasmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmpr View Post
I'm trying to make WebLaunch work on KT3, but I'm having really trouble finding resources about wafs/mesquite, has it got superseeded/outdated on newer firmwares?

I've gone through the entire master index, and looks like I'm standing on new grounds.
???
Have you looked on your Kindle?
(That is rhetorical, it is evident that you have not.)

Mesquite is still there, that is the windowing system window manager.
It would be sort of hard to get rid of that.

Ah, you meant the directory named mesquite.
You do not mention what firmware version you are looking at, so ....
Looking a 5.8.9.2 system image, it looks like the directory layout has been restructured.
So once you move this discussion to the proper thread ....

WAFs (html5/javascript) should still be working on the Gen-8 devices.
It was the 'Active Documents' (Java) that was dropped.
Which is why you had to install the KUAL booklet rather than the KUAL document. (*)
It will be sort of hard to get rid of booklets - for instance the main (home) page of the Kindle is a booklet.

The WAF part of the Wiki should be updated.
Why don't you add in anything that you find out about the situation on the Gen-8 devices.

(*) Please don't say that you are experimenting on a Kindle without the Rescue Pack (and optionally, Cowards Rescue Pack) installed.
Installing RP requires the device being jail broken, which is why I reminded you why you had to install the booklet version of KUAL.

You do realize that the Kindle has to be jail broken to run web launch, don't you?

And if your problems are web launch related, why are you not posting in that thread?

Last edited by knc1; 07-22-2017 at 09:51 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2017, 02:23 AM   #3
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
AFAIK 5.8.8 still has the mesquite directory....
Idk abt this 5.8.9.2.
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #4
lucasmpr
Enthusiast

Thanks both, I managed to make it work.

The conversation continued at weblaunch thread.

We can close this one.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:53 AM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmpr View Post
Thanks both, I managed to make it work.

The conversation continued at weblaunch thread.

We can close this one.
We don't close threads here. We leave them open so others can get help with the same problem.

If you don't want the notifications, go to USER CP and unsubscribe to the thread.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2017, 12:01 PM   #6
lucasmpr
Enthusiast

No problem, I'll be updating the WIKI with information on how to create mesquite apps and posting there for whomever needs that.

Tags
dead, mesquite, waf