Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-03-2024, 05:09 PM   #1
Persia
Persia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Exclamation Can't mak dictionary and OCR work in my Koreader

Hi! new to koreader here.

I followed the Koreader user guide and the GitHub guide, i followed all the steps but still i can't see the dictionary on my Kobo nor i can use the OCR function.

For the dictionary, i installed the italian one from GitHub, extracted it and put it in the .kobo/custom-dict/ and i still can't see it when i open Koreader on my Kobo (i also rebooted).

For the OCR function i followed the same guide, installed the ita.traineddata, put it in the koreader/data/tessdata folder and then added the language on koreader/defaults.lua. Still, i can't use the OCR function (i see that the Italian option for the language appeared on the bottom menu, but nothing more).

I'm clearly doing something wrong, but i can't tell what.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Persia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:12 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persia View Post

Hi! new to koreader here.

I followed the Koreader user guide and the GitHub guide, i followed all the steps but still i can't see the dictionary on my Kobo nor i can use the OCR function.

For the dictionary, i installed the italian one from GitHub, extracted it and put it in the .kobo/custom-dict/ and i still can't see it when i open Koreader on my Kobo (i also rebooted).

For the OCR function i followed the same guide, installed the ita.traineddata, put it in the koreader/data/tessdata folder and then added the language on koreader/defaults.lua. Still, i can't use the OCR function (i see that the Italian option for the language appeared on the bottom menu, but nothing more).

I'm clearly doing something wrong, but i can't tell what.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Welcome.

One step at a time: the dictionary feature is way easier to get it working, it is much better supported and should be newbie friendly.

OCR is a much advanced topic. So focus on the first one, re-read the documentation and try again.

If, after reading the documentation, you're unable to get it working, then please add here the links to the documentation you consulted, the link to the dictionary you're using and the steps you did to get that particular dictionary installed.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert