Old 10-21-2023, 07:13 PM   #1
kind-reader
kind-reader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8th gen
How to transfer epubs to Koreader Kindle via USB

Hello!

I been looking everywhere and I cant find an answer for this
I have a fresh jailbroken Kindle PW4 running FW 5.12.5

I managed to install KOreader and I love it, I transfered the first books with OPDS calibre and went well, before this I installed the renameotabin to avoid automatic updates when I put the wifi on

Still, kinda paranoid I would like to find the way to transfer my books via USB, I did installed kindle-usbnet-0.22.N-r18981 but I am not sure how to continue to find the way to transfer via ssh to Koreader

Can someone point the thread or give me a clue?
Thanks!
kind-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 08:03 PM   #2
kind-reader
kind-reader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8th gen
I need to say that I also followed all the steps for this plugin to work with calibre and nothing happens on calibre

I gave a try, I see is a bit old
kind-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2023, 07:36 AM   #3
Althusser
Althusser began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
I'm a beginner and I transfer books via USB by simply copying them into the documents folder on the Kindle. Then with Koreader I just need to open this folder to find them, provided they have a compatible format.
Althusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 06:38 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You need to do it from the native system, not from inside KOReader. We disable USBMS on Kindle.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 11:28 AM   #5
Althusser
Althusser began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Yes that's right, I have to log out of Koreader first to be able to access the Kindle via USB. I ask if it is correct to put the books in the "documents" folder or if it would be preferable to create another folder and where to place it.
Althusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2023, 12:44 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That usually depends entirely on whether you want the native system to see 'em; which is mostly a moot point on Kindle as it won't know what to do with ePubs anyway .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote