Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-29-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
iafko69
iafko69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
How to convert epub to azw3 with page number

From few weeks I have Kindle Paperwhite 4. All of my books are epub converted to azw3, and I noticed some of the books dosn't show "Page number". I know they are not real page numbers, it depends on font size and so on... but I like them better then "Loc".
So...? Any solutions?
iafko69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:54 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Iirc, you need the <filename>.apnx file inside the <filename>.sdr folder to get page numbers. Afaik, Calibre generates those automatically when you use Calibre's "Send to device" function.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2019, 11:43 PM   #3
iafko69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Iirc, you need the <filename>.apnx file inside the <filename>.sdr folder to get page numbers. Afaik, Calibre generates those automatically when you use Calibre's "Send to device" function.
Thanks! That was helpful!
Old 05-30-2019, 12:27 AM   #4
iafko69

I noticed when I flip the page (screen) sometime the page number is the same. Why's that?
Old 05-30-2019, 08:16 AM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by iafko69 View Post
I noticed when I flip the page (screen) sometime the page number is the same. Why's that?
Page numbers are based on the amount of content that fits on a printed page, which is more than fits on a typical e-book reader screen. So there will often be multiple screens of content per page number.

The idea is to have each page number associated with the same point in the book's content regardless of screen dimensions, font size, etc.

Last edited by jhowell; 05-30-2019 at 08:21 AM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert