Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #211
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
The Color of Magic TV movie is airing Sunday night on the ION cable network in the U.S.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/how-sea...comes-full.php
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #212
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Ah, damn! I don't get that channel!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #213
escapetacoma
escapetacoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.escapetacoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.escapetacoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.escapetacoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Small Gods did get better towards the end. I rather liked the last 1/4 quite a lot.
Not one of my favorite Discworld books, but a bad Discworld book is still more fun that just about anything I've read short of Douglas Adams.

Quote:
Lords and Ladies is the next book in the series for me to read.
Good book, though Wyrd Sisters is my favorite of the witch series books.

My favorite series is definitely the watch books - Sam Vimes is a great, great character. Susan is as well but there are just a lot more watch books than Susan books.

No ebooks on the Pratchett stuff for me since I already have virtually all of them in dead tree form.
escapetacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:40 AM   #214
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Where is everybody?! It's a holiday today...don't tell me you have better things to do with your lives?!

Anyway, found this thread which I had noticed before, but never investigated because I figured it had to do with godfathers or the mafia or something like that. But now that I have started reading these books, I realised 'Hogfather' had to do with Terry Pratchett's series.

Right, anyway, I am totally hooked, thanks guys, you know who you are. I am cheap, so have to get them in pbook via the local library, but they seem to have them all. I started with Colour of Magic which was excellent although the introduction was a bit hard going. (I will have to come back to Light Fantastic as it was checked out.)

So, I am reading Sorcery at the minute and I was getting a bit worried about the Luggage who seems to have gone off in a huff and has lost his people but he seems to be able to take care of himself, so guess I won't worry too much.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #215
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Where is everybody?! It's a holiday today...don't tell me you have better things to do with your lives?!

Anyway, found this thread which I had noticed before, but never investigated because I figured it had to do with godfathers or the mafia or something like that. But now that I have started reading these books, I realised 'Hogfather' had to do with Terry Pratchett's series.

Right, anyway, I am totally hooked, thanks guys, you know who you are. I am cheap, so have to get them in pbook via the local library, but they seem to have them all. I started with Colour of Magic which was excellent although the introduction was a bit hard going. (I will have to come back to Light Fantastic as it was checked out.)

So, I am reading Sorcery at the minute and I was getting a bit worried about the Luggage who seems to have gone off in a huff and has lost his people but he seems to be able to take care of himself, so guess I won't worry too much.
The only time to worry about the Luggage is when you hear the sound of hundreds of tiny feet rushing up behind you.
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #216
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
The only time to worry about the Luggage is when you hear the sound of hundreds of tiny feet rushing up behind you.
Yeah well, if you define "time to worry" as "some seconds of pure horror"
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #217
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Yeah well, if you define "time to worry" as "some seconds of pure horror"
And that.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #218
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Just finished "Men at Arms". Next stop "Soul Music"

It turns out that reading them in publication order works beautifully.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #219
escapetacoma
escapetacoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.escapetacoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.escapetacoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.escapetacoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Just finished "Men at Arms". Next stop "Soul Music"

It turns out that reading them in publication order works beautifully.
That's true, though I've found it even more fun to sit down and read them a series at a time. This is particularly true for Wyrd Sisters/Witches Abroad/Lords and Ladies, and Guards, Guards/Men at Arms/Feet of Clay.

For anyone who is interested there's a reading order document out there at the lspace website:
Discworld reading order guide In general lspace.org is a fun site for Pratchett fans.
escapetacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #220
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapetacoma View Post
That's true, though I've found it even more fun to sit down and read them a series at a time. This is particularly true for Wyrd Sisters/Witches Abroad/Lords and Ladies, and Guards, Guards/Men at Arms/Feet of Clay.

For anyone who is interested there's a reading order document out there at the lspace website:
Discworld reading order guide In general lspace.org is a fun site for Pratchett fans.
The reading order is quite simple. No need for some complicated guide. The proper reading order is date written order.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #221
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Of course, there can be only one proper reading order. Otherwise the Luggage will come and eat you or something.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #222
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Millenium Hand and Shrimp!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #223
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What duck?
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #224
pshrynk

I tole ya! Dint I tell ya?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #225
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
THERE IS NO JUSTICE. THERE'S JUST ME.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terry pratchett, unutterable silliness