Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-12-2024, 06:17 AM   #1
PaigheTurn
PaigheTurn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Koreader really slow on my Kindle 3 (K3W)

For context this is my first Kindle and my first attempt at jailbreaking. Sorry if Im not technical enough to understand stuff.

Is it normal for the Kindle 3 to be really slow with Koreader? The UI has a noticeable delay when switching between settings and file directories. It also takes roughly an entire second to switch between pages.

Is this a limitation of my very old device, or do other Kindle 3 owners have a good experience with Koreader?

If its the latter, can I ask for tips on how to make my Koreader run faster?

Thank you
PaigheTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 11:11 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Which settings and which pages are we talking about here?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 12:41 PM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Is there an implication here that page turning is faster in other contexts? Screens in ca. 2010 weren't particularly fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7nbLl9X__o
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 07:23 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was mainly thinking of things like PDFs or the FM if pending metadata extraction (which will be extra slow if it encounters DRM'ed mobi files, which is highly plausible on Kindle ).

(Or touching layout-affecting reader settings in CRe/PDF).
Old 01-13-2024, 04:16 AM   #5
PaigheTurn

For more context, the settings and navigation that I am trying to access are the following. Moving left to right in the toolbar, going into a folder, and so on. They're slow but manageable.

But for reading, this is my experience. I am currently reading an .epub with more than 1000 pages. On Kindle default software, it takes me 1 second to turn a page. On Koreader, it takes me ~3 seconds per page.
Old 01-13-2024, 01:09 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

You're probably skirting OOM territory; try to start in frameworkless mode to see if it helps. But, yeah, non-touch support is a novelty feature, don't expect productivity (even on notably less crappy devices like the K4).
Old 01-13-2024, 07:42 PM   #7
PaigheTurn

Ive now tried frameworkless mode and its still slow. I think really a limitation of the hardware. Thanks for the advice in confirming.
Old 01-14-2024, 01:12 PM   #8
Arcosi
Arcosi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g
My model is 3g, it works without problem. My only issue is not being able to use the quick menu, I believe only on touch screen devices.
Arcosi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k3w, kindle3, koreader, slow