Notices

Old 12-29-2023, 05:18 PM   #1
jbaumann
Zealot
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple Kobos, multiple Kindles
KOReader Page Turn Gestures

Hi,

I‘m starting to use KOReader more and more on my Kindle and I am very happy with it.

One minor problem for me is the following, though:
As a left-handed person, I would like to be able to tap on the left side to turn one page forward, but at the same time use a swipe left to do the same.

But it seems that I cannot configure this behavior. What am I missing?

Cheers, Joachim
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 05:32 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'm unfamiliar with the new-ish UI settings for the tap zones, but if you go at it the old fashioned ways in, Tools > Advanced settings; you can simply swap the values of `DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD` & `DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD`. That should only affect taps.

And in case you played with that, make sure you do not enable inverted page turns, as that would affect all possible of page turn methods (taps/swipes/buttons).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-29-2023 at 05:34 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 11:24 AM   #3
jbaumann
Zealot

Thanks for the pointer, this is like the good old days and it seems to work on my PW5.

The strange thing: I have KOReader installed on multiple Kindles. On my PW4 I get the following:
- In the gear wheel menu under „Taps and Gestures“ I get the „page turns“ menu and a few more menu entries (Links, Scrolling - greyed out, Long-press-on text)
- In the Tools menu under „More Tools“ I am missing Advanced Settings and Developer Options
On my PW5 I get:
- In the gear wheel menu under „Taps and Gestures“ I get no „page turns“ menu and the other additional menus are missing as well
- In the Tools menu under „More Tools“ I get Advanced Settings and Developer Options

Both installations have the same version 2023.10 and if I remember correctly I fully removed the koreader installation when upgrading the firmware (about 1 month ago) on both to the same version 5.16.2.1.1.

Interestingly: On the third Kindle, a PW4 with an older firmware, but the same koreader version I have exactly the same behavior as with the new firmware on the other PW4...

Is this the different hardware, or did I somehow manage to turn on some kind of expert mode on one of the two readers?

Last edited by jbaumann; 12-30-2023 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:37 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Different menus in file browser and reader.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 03:50 PM   #5
jbaumann
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Different menus in file browser and reader.
That‘s it, thanks.