Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-01-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
jmite
jmite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T1
Screen mirroring with koreader?

I'm wondering, is there any sort of screen-mirroring capabilities with KOReader? i.e. I want to be able to see the contents of my kobo on a window in my computer, connected by USB/Wifi/Bluetooth.

The idea is to use the Kobo Elipsa as a sort of virtual whiteboard, so that I can write on the Elipsa, but see its screen on the computer (and then share it over Zoom or something).

Is this :
* Currently possible with KOReader?
* Possible to implement as an app for KOReader if I were to code it myself?

I know coding, but I've never delved into the Kobo/KOReader internals or API, so I'm not sure if it has the capability to get the screen contents and send it to another device.
jmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:19 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Not possible and probably a bad idea. It's too device specific.

Also KO lacks support for stylus.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2023, 07:33 PM   #3
benkaiser
benkaiser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa 2e
Not specifically with KOReader, but I have built a whiteboard tool that you can use in the browser to share with a desktop. It's got a lot of rough edges, but the core of it works.

See more details in my post here.
benkaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 07:32 AM   #4
aero31aero
aero31aero began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
I was hoping for a different type of screen mirroring. Synchronized reading?

A friend and I are reading the same book on identical devices, and would love to be able to have reading sessions where we can both see the same content on the pages. Say, I wanna point to a passage, I can just "broadcast" that location and the other KOReader instance just jumps to it.

I bet this is possible with a plugin, but I'm wondering if someone has done it already?
aero31aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 02:33 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You can probably bend the KOSync plugin into doing something like that; iff you both login as the same user. One pushes, the other pulls .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
elipsa, koreader, mirroring, screen capture, stylus