Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-24-2014, 11:54 PM   #1
dsjstc
dsjstc began at the beginning.

Device: none
e-ink + 4-way page-sync

E-ink is great, but I don't carry a reader around with me all the time. Sometimes it's another device at hand when I find a few moments for reading.

Given that I'll primarily be side-loading from Calibre, which E-ink device should I buy to make it easy to sync last-page to my various other computers, phones, tablets etc?
dsjstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:02 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As far as I know, only the Kobo e-ink devices can have their reading position synced via calibre. And do to that, you have to use my Kobo Utilities plugin.

For other devices, Kobo will sync books bought from their shop across their devices and apps. Kindle will as well. Kindle might also sync sideloaded books, but I don't have one to try. I think the reading app Marvin has a mechanism to do it, but I think that is between Marvin on different devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2014, 07:35 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One option (albeit non eInk) is to use Moon+ Reader Pro which has the ability to sync reading location via Dropbox.
Quote:
How to sync my reading state between phone and tablet?

Firstly, please make sure that dropbox connection can work well in your network, then you can enable it from "Misc Options" -> "Sync reading positions via Dropbox":

1) it'll upload the position to Dropbox on Pause event of the reader (switch to other app, close the screen or exit the reader) automatically;
2) it'll check if there is a new reading position in Dropbox on Resume events (switch back to the reader).

To fix unknown issues which may cause sync failed, please try to uninstall/reinstall the app to let the system fix it automatically.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, e-ink, page, phone, sync