Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
kylemcd
kylemcd began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Losing my settings on power off

My Touch is changing the font type, line spacing and size when I power off. Also, the shortlist disappears and goes back to the recommended list.
Is there a way to keep a specific font and size? I've done a factory reset and have 1.9.16 installed as well as the latest Kobo desktop version. I had a response from Kobo support but they just suggested a factory reset and all would be well. It isn't.
Help.
kylemcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Nietzsche
Philosopher
Nietzsche began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
What book are you loading? Try loading only one book and see if the settings are retained. What happens when you put the device to sleep?
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
kylemcd
kylemcd began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
It happens on all books. It only happens on power off, not on sleep mode. I've tried unloading all of my books and reloading.
I've contacted Kobo helpdesk and they have suggested a factory reset as the big fix on two occasions. That didn't work.
It's not a show stopper but it is annoying.
kylemcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Kyle; it does sound like a corrupted database there. And that is only fixable via a factory reset
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #5
dioioib
Enthusiast
dioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Arc, Kobo Touch N905B
I had this issue as well. The home screen would also load a bunch of books from an older sync then switch to the more recent sync and read books. I notice there were several duplicate entries in the Koboreader.sql file. That was 2 1/2 months ago and I am still waiting for a complete resolution to the problem.

You are best to do a full factory reset as Peter suggests.
dioioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert