Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
reposed
reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Can you shuffle or randomize screensavers on the K4 NT?

So I was successful in the doing the screensaver hack as described on the wiki. But I was wondering if there is a way to shuffle the screensavers? I noticed that they just go in order of filename. Anyway to change this currently? Couldn't find anything on the forum when I searched.

Also, is it normal for the custom screensavers to take a bit to load up after a reboot? If I restart and then put my Kindle to sleep I get blank pages. Gotta wait for a few moments and then they're recognized.

Last edited by reposed; 05-18-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: another question
reposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
reposed
reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

bump. Someone has to know.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not 'live'.

If I had a K4 to test on, it'd probably be trivial to port the fake implementation of the K2/K3 screensaver's hack (shuffle the filenames at boot/unplug), but I don't have a K4, and I don't want to dry code it without being able to test it myself .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-22-2012 at 10:30 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
reposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Not 'live'.

If I had a K4 to test on, it'd probably be trivial to port the fake implementation of the K2/K3 screensaver's hack (shuffle the filenames at boot/unplug), but I don't have a K4, and I don't want to dry code it without being able to test it myself .
please?