Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #1
AndreasTPC
AndreasTPC began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Change paragraph style?

I'm reading an epub book using koreader, and the paragraph style that's being used is indentation of first line in each paragraph. I prefer the style of having paragraphs not being indented, and instead having some space in between them.

So I figured I could probably change that using css. So I edited epub.css and added these lines, figuring that it should override whatever style is included in the book, or defined elsewhere in koreader:

Code:
p {
    text-indent: 0em !important;
    margin-top: 0.2em !important;
    margin-bottom: 0.2em !important;
}
But it doesn't work, paragraphs are still indented, and the margins are not appearing. What am I doing wrong here?
AndreasTPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Have you turned off the "embedded style" using the option in the reader bottom menu, under the gear icon?

Was that the "epub.css" in /KOReader/data/?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
AndreasTPC
AndreasTPC began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Have you turned off the "embedded style" using the option in the reader bottom menu, under the gear icon?
I had not, and that made it work. But that's not ideal, because that disables other formatting in the book that is nice to have. For example the book I'm reading at the moment has a little piece of artwork at the start of each chapter that contains the chapter number and title, which is supposed to be centered, and now isn't. And it has epigraphs that are supposed to be in italics, but now isn't.

I think the css parser used doesn't respect !important for some reason, that's the only explanation I can think of.

I guess I'll have to edit the css files in the epub manually for now. But it will get annoying having to do that for every book I want to read.

Thanks for the help.
AndreasTPC is offline   Reply With Quote