Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Stop it, Wolfie, I can beg if I wanna. ;-)

Hitch
Besides its important to test the 64bit version during the beta as well as 32bit.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Besides its important to test the 64bit version during the beta as well as 32bit.
Good point.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #18
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
In a word: Stunning!

XP SP3. So far so good.

IMHO, now it only need that the feature Special Characters, is customizable

Congratulations! and thank you very much.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #19
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Its my beta and I'll beg if I want to, you would cry too if it happened to you! (for us golden oldies.)

Slow loading of file by the win 32 version, perhaps twice as long. But then I keep open lview and foxit reader and thunderbird and firefox also, so think i am starved for memory (comparatively).

Extra moves in the clips select dialog. But dialog doesn't skitter away as much. Should make it easier if you had multiple personal clip sections.

Would be nice if I could bookmark and return to a place in the text...such as when I have to go look at an image or series of them, or a different section. Insert a bookmark, go to that different section and with a button return to that bookmark, which would then be cleared.

The extraneous highlighting that has plagued Sigil for a long time seems to be gone thanks to the new QT.

Last edited by mrmikel; 02-04-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #20
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
File save

Win7 Pro 64bit

On the initial save (Ctl + s) sigil does not pickup the file name which must be inserted manually.

Major problem.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #21
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
On the initial save (Ctl + s) sigil does not pickup the file name which must be inserted manually.
)
Not sure if that's just for fun - or if you think its not doing something it should? If its your initial Save, and you've never given it a filename, how is it supposed to guess what filename you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
In a word: Stunning!

IMHO, now it only need that the feature Special Characters, is customizable

Congratulations! and thank you very much.
You're welcome. As posted in another thread on Language preferences - you can use Clips and the Clip Bar toolbar buttons for any special characters you need that aren't listed. If you have just a few - what are they? If its a lot, I decided not to provide an insert any of the thousands of characters available dialog as I haven't seen any great reason to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Slow loading of file by the win 32 version, perhaps twice as long. But then I keep open lview and foxit reader and thunderbird and firefox also, so think i am starved for memory (comparatively).

Extra moves in the clips select dialog. But dialog doesn't skitter away as much. Should make it easier if you had multiple personal clip sections.

Would be nice if I could bookmark and return to a place in the text...such as when I have to go look at an image or series of them, or a different section. Insert a bookmark, go to that different section and with a button return to that bookmark, which would then be cleared.

The extraneous highlighting that has plagued Sigil for a long time seems to be gone thanks to the new QT.
Wonder if others see any speed issues in Windows?

What do you mean by "Extra moves in the clips select dialog. But dialog doesn't skitter away as much. " Not a clue if there is an issue or not?

Bookmarking will be in the next beta release. All the code was there (for the Go To Style or Link feature), just needed a shortcut for it. The bookmark is not cleared after though, and if you do go to a link or style it overwrites the bookmark.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #22
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Is there a BEGGING icon here?

Hitch, who really, really really would like a Windows X64 build.
You have it easy, we Linux users have to build from source.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #23
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Not sure if that's just for fun - or if you think its not doing something it should? If its your initial Save, and you've never given it a filename, how is it supposed to guess what filename you want?

Sigil does or should know the file name. It's the same as the loaded file with an epub extension. Every other version has worked properly.

On the initial save the file name window is empty.

Is your response just for fun?
Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #24
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
You have it easy, we Linux users have to build from source.
Ah, but us Linux users have the advantage this time of pre-compiled 64-bit AND 32-bit Qt 5 libraries to build Sigil's source against. We didn't have that luxury with the older custom Qt 4.8 (non-repo) installations (that, and we're used to building from scratch ). 64-bit Windows users have never had a choice but to build 64-bit Qt libs the hard way, either that or stick with 32-bit. They definitely got the wider end of the shaft this time around with Qt.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #25
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There'll be a few bugs I expect. But it's looking REALLY good :-)
Old 02-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #26
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Is your response just for fun?
I don't think meme understood what you were saying...

I can confirm what you're saying but it looks like it's an issue with Qt 5. As far as I can tell the correct path is being passed to the Qt Dialog but it's not using it... The path for the save filename is used for the directory that should be displayed but that isn't being honored either...
Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #27
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Ah, but us Linux users have the advantage this time of pre-compiled 64-bit AND 32-bit Qt 5 libraries to build Sigil's source against.
Looks great!!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #28
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
In 6.2 you right click and my clips comes up. In the beta, a Clips entry leads to a list of the clip groups and the clips are off of that. I suspect if I tried I could put them in the second group, but not the first.

No sure it is really an issue, since putting clips in the first right click made the list really long and hard to work with. Just different. Also seems to move less off of where you are trying to get to. That is a good thing.

I am used to my 64 bit app, so I think the 32 bit app works more slowly on this machine.

There seems to be a memory leak in something I have open at the same time as Sigil, but it could be lview, firefox, thunderbird, or foxit reader. Things get really slow after a while. This with 0.6.2 and the beta both.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #29
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Compiling on Linux

I installed the full pre-compiled Qt binary at the standard place: ~/Qt5.0.1

cmake reports that it does not find its path, asks me to tell him but I do not know how to write up properly this command line on the terminal.

Code:
.../...
 Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Core" with any
  of the following names:

Qt5CoreConfig.cmake
    qt5core-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Core" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Qt5Core_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "Qt5Core" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
  been installed.
.../...
Old 02-05-2013, 02:34 AM   #30
najgori
Klak
najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: many
windows xp sp3 32bit. open epub. save as (type different name).

sigil currently cannot save files of type "". Please choose a different format error

there's no error when you leave "untitled" as file name, or when you type .epub behind file name.
Closed Thread