Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #16
alcapwn
alcapwn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
wasn't compatible with mine, either. Just opted to buy a touch in the end, bricked it like a dumbass.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #17
nevermore
nevermore began at the beginning.

Reflashed image

KevinShort, have you had any wifi issues. I tried to reinstall the image but alas I still cannot connect to any network. Does anyone else have an image that they would be willing to upload? That way we could see if the firmware image is specific to a device or something weird like that.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
KevinShort, have you had any wifi issues. I tried to reinstall the image but alas I still cannot connect to any network. Does anyone else have an image that they would be willing to upload? That way we could see if the firmware image is specific to a device or something weird like that.
I've not had any issues with my Kobo Wifi, but there are different versions of the Kobo Wifi (some are 4-bit, others 8-bit), so it could be your Wifi isn't fully compatible with the image from mine.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:07 AM   #19
killingd
killingd began at the beginning.

Device: n647b
May I ask what model is your Kobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I've not had any issues with my Kobo Wifi, but there are different versions of the Kobo Wifi (some are 4-bit, others 8-bit), so it could be your Wifi isn't fully compatible with the image from mine.
I'm looking for a WiFi img file that will work with my Kobo n647b daividfor has provided one to me one but it does not seem to be correct for my Kobo, i'm hoping you may have what i need...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 05-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #20
moloc
moloc began at the beginning.

Hi, I recently came into possession of a borked kobo n289. It freezes at the ' Updating the software on your eReader...' message. I would appreciate it if you could also provide me with the SD image. So I can attempt to recover this device.

Pretty much I get to keep it if I do. I was looking into getting a ereader and this fell into my lap the next day.

Thanks in advanced.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:25 AM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by moloc View Post
Hi, I recently came into possession of a borked kobo n289. It freezes at the ' Updating the software on your eReader...' message. I would appreciate it if you could also provide me with the SD image. So I can attempt to recover this device.

Pretty much I get to keep it if I do. I was looking into getting a ereader and this fell into my lap the next day.
I have sent you a PM with a link to image I have for the WiFi. But...

I'm not sure what is going on here. I thought the WiFi had a model number of N647B. From the pictures I can find for the n289 and N647B, they look identical. And everything refers to them both as a "Kobo Wifi" or "Kobo Wireless". And none of the articles have the specs in enough detail to show the difference.

So, I don't know if this is the correct image for you. I would recommend getting another micro SD card and restoring to that to test.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:27 PM   #22
moloc
moloc began at the beginning.

I just wrote the image over to a 4gig sd card. It worked perfectly with the n289. Thank you very much. I now have a fully functioning ereader.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #23
eifelaner
eifelaner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N289 Wifi
Hello,
seems I have the same problem with my reader. Everytime I start appears: updating the software of your reader" after this no books are found. The reader is found in windows, but not in the kobo desktop or in calibre ( as ist was before )...
I often made soft- and hard-resets, everytime the same message...
I hope, somebody can give me a working image an explain how to transfer in my reader
Old 06-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent
Old 06-15-2014, 05:47 AM   #25
eifelaner
eifelaner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N289 Wifi
A very big " dankeschön " from the opposite part of the world to you, David.

You gave my reader a second live. Everything is running, except the wifi. But this doesn`t matter.

Dieter
Old 07-25-2014, 03:36 AM   #26
nowzen
nowzen began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Guys I know this is probably not the point but kobo without acknowledging responsibility will replace under warrenty.(as they bricked it) My intent after being unable to recover the reader was to get a replacement and compare the images. In their wisdom (thanks) they sent a touch as a replacement. So I am happy with the service etc. good luck to those still trying to recover. If no joy touch base with kobo and see what they will do
Old 10-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #27
thomsy
thomsy began at the beginning.

Smile KoBo Wlan Image

Hello davidfor,
i just followed your threads, and i have the same problem as eifelaner, i have a bad system on my internal sd-card. Could i ask you to give me also the downlaodlink to the image?

Thank you and best regards (also) from germany
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have sent you a PM with a link to image I have for the WiFi. But...

I'm not sure what is going on here. I thought the WiFi had a model number of N647B. From the pictures I can find for the n289 and N647B, they look identical. And everything refers to them both as a "Kobo Wifi" or "Kobo Wireless". And none of the articles have the specs in enough detail to show the difference.

So, I don't know if this is the correct image for you. I would recommend getting another micro SD card and restoring to that to test.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 10-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #29
scubasteve1842
scubasteve1842 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wireless
Hello, I seem to be having the same trouble as some of the other users. I have a Kobo Wireless Ereader. The Kobo goes through the updating screen, but cannot find any of the books on the device. I have tried the various resetting methods, and they do not seem to fix the problem. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a working disk image and some instructions to get it back to a functioning state.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #30
gonzo98
gonzo98 began at the beginning.

Device: n647b
Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent
I have the N647B and it won't load properly, just has the seven squares loading at the bottom. I'd assume this is because the internal system is messed up? Could you send me the link please?
Closed Thread

Tags
n647 firmware requested