Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 11:48 AM   #31
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
Not sure where these dates are from, can you please quote sources? It has not been released in China and I have yet to see an official source stating a release date for the device anywhere else either.
It was expected there November 8!!!
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:30 PM   #32
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Not sure where these dates are from, can you please quote sources? It has not been released in China and I have yet to see an official source stating a release date for the device anywhere else either.

So sad

Edit: I see the Jan 24th on goodereader, but am unsure why Boyue hasn't made a statement. All I see is Boyue stating November 6 in China and encouraging people to buy these as Christmas presents on their FB page.

Does Nate on goodereader have some special source? He too hasn't acknowledged the failed deadlines or where he is getting his information from. Is it possible he is simply offering preorders on the hope they will be released by the 24th? And how is he going to do a detailed review, due before Christmas if these aren't even available in China?

Yes, I'm upset he isn't being more transparent. Might as well redirect his readers to the released YouTube videos.
Nate had nothing to do with goodereader! There's one Nate at Digital Reader and a Nathan on The eBook Reader. The guys in goodereader with the possibly shady business practices are different people.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2018, 02:51 PM   #33
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Not sure where these dates are from, can you please quote sources?
Scroll down on the following page:
https://ereader.store/en/boyue-likeb...s-t80d-41.html

If you're connecting Nate with goodereader he might get the heart attack. Very unfair.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #34
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
So, if it hasn't been released in China yet, they have less than 2 weeks to test the device.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:12 PM   #35
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Nice -- thanks for sharing this.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2018, 09:13 PM   #36
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
So, if it hasn't been released in China yet, they have less than 2 weeks to test the device.
Good point.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:32 PM   #37
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
Nate had nothing to do with goodereader! There's one Nate at Digital Reader and a Nathan on The eBook Reader. The guys in goodereader with the possibly shady business practices are different people.
I was getting my bloggers confused : D

Most sincerest apologies to Nate ;-]
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:55 AM   #38
MaisonMeister
MaisonMeister began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3
It's gonna be on sale Dec 15. Told by the seller.
MaisonMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:43 AM   #39
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisonMeister View Post
It's gonna be on sale Dec 15. Told by the seller.
I don't confide. They told November, beginning December, etc.

They're not worth to confide. If they were Japanese, may be, but they're like us, Spaniards: never on time...

Last edited by viceant; 12-07-2018 at 06:51 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:59 AM   #40
Jose Manuel S
Enthusiast
Jose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
I don't confide. They told November, beginning December, etc.

They're not worth to confide. If they were Japanese, may be, but they're like us, Spaniards: never on time...
I am interested in a e-reader to read technical papers and I've found a guy that says that Spanish people are not serious, that Spain is a pain and even that Chinese people are not serious too.

First of all Spaniard is pejorative and you are Spanish, you are using a word, invented in UK, that insult you. Perhaps the people you know are untrustworthy but it doesn't concern us, the Spanish people I know are reliable and they are men/women of their word. If you are no proud to be Spanish and look down on your countrymen and countrywomen, please pack your suitcase...

On the other hand, are all Chinese people untrustworhy? Perhaps they have technical issues and they want to fix them before they release the product to the market, do you need it in Christmas days? Can't you wait? Are you a kid or a mature man? I'm not sure who you are.
Jose Manuel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:48 PM   #41
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Manuel S View Post
I am interested in a e-reader to read technical papers and I've found a guy that says that Spanish people are not serious, that Spain is a pain and even that Chinese people are not serious too.

First of all Spaniard is pejorative and you are Spanish, you are using a word, invented in UK, that insult you. Perhaps the people you know are untrustworthy but it doesn't concern us, the Spanish people I know are reliable and they are men/women of their word. If you are no proud to be Spanish and look down on your countrymen and countrywomen, please pack your suitcase...

On the other hand, are all Chinese people untrustworhy? Perhaps they have technical issues and they want to fix them before they release the product to the market, do you need it in Christmas days? Can't you wait? Are you a kid or a mature man? I'm not sure who you are.
I said we are not worth to confide concerning to be on time. And you know it.
Aside, regarding this issue, I'm not a typical Spanish, which is why that custom bothers me a lot. Of course, there are others Spaniards that love punctuality, but it's not the majority of them.

And maybe people who have to leave are who behave badly.

Aside, this company has repeatedly delayed this device. Is it serious?

Regarding Chinese people, I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by viceant; 12-08-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #42
Jose Manuel S
Enthusiast
Jose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animals

When you meet with your friends they never arrive on time.... Focusing on what it's the important here, I prefer several delays in the release of this e-reader to a product plenty of issues, where an OTA cannot always fix the software issues.

Last edited by Jose Manuel S; 12-08-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Jose Manuel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:46 AM   #43
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
I'd assume there would be clear communication when having missed a product deadline. Not doing so clearly indicates a lack of professionalism. But these things do happen frequently in China. That isn't racist slander, only a matter of fact.

Xiaomi, a much larger company, has done 'product releases' for products they never actually sold. One that I was looking forward to was a router with something like 4-8 TB of onboard storage. It was supposed to be released a few years ago and it *never* happened. I only remember because I checked the website for months haha.

It isn't important in the grand scheme of things. Boyue could go out of business tomorrow and nobody except us would notice :-]

Speaking of Xiaomi, they are rumored to enter the e-reader market soon. I wonder what they are going to do. And whatever happened to the bendable screen tech stolen from Samsung?

Last edited by Pizza_Cant_Read; 12-09-2018 at 01:49 AM.
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:17 AM   #44
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
I'd assume there would be clear communication when having missed a product deadline. Not doing so clearly indicates a lack of professionalism. But these things do happen frequently in China. That isn't racist slander, only a matter of fact.

Xiaomi, a much larger company, has done 'product releases' for products they never actually sold. One that I was looking forward to was a router with something like 4-8 TB of onboard storage. It was supposed to be released a few years ago and it *never* happened. I only remember because I checked the website for months haha.

It isn't important in the grand scheme of things. Boyue could go out of business tomorrow and nobody except us would notice :-]

Speaking of Xiaomi, they are rumored to enter the e-reader market soon. I wonder what they are going to do. And whatever happened to the bendable screen tech stolen from Samsung?
So with Jezetek, ereader 10,3 et 13,3 with i.mx7 proc, we are always wating for that!!!,
So with Onyx Book, update MaxCarta, stuck with 1.82 version, it was annonced a new version in june 2018, we are always waiting !!!!
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #45
Dennell
Dennell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Manuel S View Post
Exactly! I can wait the mimas as long as it is good!
Dennell is offline   Reply With Quote