Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-02-2019, 04:38 AM   #1
iamashwin99
iamashwin99 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post calibre library gets corrupted often

I have a dual booted system(windows+kubuntu), calibre installed in both OSes. I have seen that calibre library gets corrupted very often, something like twice a month or so. Heres the message I got this time:

Code:
calibre, version 3.39.1
Corrupted database: The library database at E:\Downloads\Science , Experiments & Knowledge\Books\Ashwin's Library appears to be corrupted. Do you want calibre to try and rebuild it automatically? The rebuild may not be completely successful.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 701, in library_moved
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 81, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 48, in create_backend
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 378, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1123, in fget
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 836, in conn
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 271, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 315, in execute
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-0ea1mm\apsw-3.26.0-r1\src\cursor.c", line 1019, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-0ea1mm\apsw-3.26.0-r1\src\statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
It was working all right when I was in Kubunt, I wanted to do something in windows so after I rebooted to windows I got this message.
Am I doing something wrong?
iamashwin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you, by any chance, have your library on a network or Cloud drive? It really shouldn’t be getting corrupted!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Dual boot access is very problematic (been there )

1) Time is kept differently by Windows than Linux. (there is a Registry hack that makes Windows keep the BIOS clock in UTC. have not tested this since XP). This can mess up time stamps (which is newer determinations)

2) File names are case INSENSITIVE in windows, so you can have
Windows.epub, Windows.EPUB, WINDOWS.EPUB
all in the same folder, but a Windows user can only see one and Calibre only tracks ONE of any EXTENSION in a folder (and no way to know which was the good one).

The Quality check plugin might help a TINY bib. The Fix section can do something if it is only the Path (folder name) that is bad. I would run this from Linux

Bottom line. Use the content server in READ ONLY access, to access books on your lesser used OS.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:47 AM   #4
iamashwin99
iamashwin99 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Dual boot access is very problematic (been there )

1) Time is kept differently by Windows than Linux. (there is a Registry hack that makes Windows keep the BIOS clock in UTC. have not tested this since XP). This can mess up time stamps (which is newer determinations)
---------
---------
Bottom line. Use the content server in READ ONLY access, to access books on your lesser used OS.
Thanks for the tip theducks ill make sure the time issue is resolved before i open calibre in both oses.
This time when I clicked on the fix, I got the following errors, https://pastebin.com/pEfFRRbW do you think i can ignore them
iamashwin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:05 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamashwin99 View Post
Thanks for the tip theducks ill make sure the time issue is resolved before i open calibre in both oses.
This time when I clicked on the fix, I got the following errors, https://pastebin.com/pEfFRRbW do you think i can ignore them
Not really
A damaged OPF says your recovery option for that book is hosed.
It might be a case issue instead (but I would have thought that would be 'file not found' in Linux).
Library Maintenance: backup status: click the Queue button to regenerate ALL those OPF file from the CURRENT Calibre metadata (It had better be the BEST, as you will overwrite the older version. This grinds away in background for hours. check the counter where the button was found. DO NOT switch OS until done)

I have no clue how a dupe ID happened...Using the OS to replace title folders (where {id} is used)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert