Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #1
BishopLuc
BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Unhappy Longest Time to Wait for Trade In Decision?

My kindle was marked as delivered by UPS last February 22, 2019. It's been almost 3 weeks and there's still no decision. I'm not really complaining much as Amazon has given me a couple of bucks 'to apologize for the wait', but I'm still eager to get that 25% ASAP. They said it may take up to a month. What's the longest you had to wait for the trade in decision for Kindle eReaders?
BishopLuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #2
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I received the trade in value and coupon immediately.
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Have you checked the status on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...2496768&sr=1-3
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:09 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopLuc View Post
My kindle was marked as delivered by UPS last February 22, 2019. It's been almost 3 weeks and there's still no decision. I'm not really complaining much as Amazon has given me a couple of bucks 'to apologize for the wait', but I'm still eager to get that 25% ASAP. They said it may take up to a month. What's the longest you had to wait for the trade in decision for Kindle eReaders?
I've done the trade-in thing twice. First time, I got the credit/discount instantly (immediately after hitting the submit button). Second time, I think it was like 1-2 weeks after UPS delivered my trade-in.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:06 PM   #5
BishopLuc
BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Have you checked the status on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...2496768&sr=1-3
Yes, it says didn't receive yet or something like that. I've also contacted support twice, every 7 days and they've just given me $5 and $15 for the trouble of waiting but just asked me to wait.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:16 PM   #6
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
3 weeks after delivery for the last one. I didn't get any bonus bucks, so you got a better deal.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:43 PM   #7
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, it says didn't receive yet or something like that. I've also contacted support twice, every 7 days and they've just given me $5 and $15 for the trouble of waiting but just asked me to wait.
Did you include the paperwork? The shipping label and the packing slip from Amazon?
Old 03-13-2019, 02:54 PM   #8
BishopLuc

Quote:
Did you include the paperwork? The shipping label and the packing slip from Amazon?
Yep! But just worried - do they do this? Ignore a shipment?
Old 03-13-2019, 03:06 PM   #9
Deskisamess
Wizard

Quote:
Yep! But just worried - do they do this? Ignore a shipment?
No, I wouldn't think so. But if UPS shows it delivered that long ago, it is worrisome. Stuff does get lost...but I would think most problems are due to improper paperwork or missing paperwork. If the slip in the box was wrong or missing, they have no way to link it to your account.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:48 PM   #10
BishopLuc

Quote:
No, I wouldn't think so. But if UPS shows it delivered that long ago, it is worrisome. Stuff does get lost...but I would think most problems are due to improper paperwork or missing paperwork. If the slip in the box was wrong or missing, they have no way to link it to your account.
Not really sure how Amazon works with UPS, but considering that the UPS tracking number is auto-generated by your account, I'm sure they have a way to trace the UPS number to the account it is connected to right? Or else they would've emailed me that it's lost or something?
Old 03-14-2019, 08:33 AM   #11
Deskisamess
Wizard

Quote:
Not really sure how Amazon works with UPS, but considering that the UPS tracking number is auto-generated by your account, I'm sure they have a way to trace the UPS number to the account it is connected to right? Or else they would've emailed me that it's lost or something?
Amazon tracks THEIR paperwork, the package insert they gave you. The box would have been opened, the contents are what is used. The box is long gone, and if there was no paperwork inside the box, they have no way to link it to you.

From Amazon's help page on tradeins:
Go to Your Trade-in Account
Find your trade-in order and click Re-print Shipping Label
Print label and packing slip, insert the packing slip into the box, attach return label to box and ship.

Did you print and use the packing slip?

The UPS tracking only proves a box was shipped. It has no info about the contents.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:32 PM   #12
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry to bump something old..

Can I ask a trade-in question here..

I'm doing a trade-in of my Voyage and going to an Oasis 3...
They gave me the $50 credit + 25% off coupon instantly and thus the Oasis 3 is going to arrive before my Voyage has even been sent back.

What happens if I change my mind and decide I'd rather return the Oasis 3 and keep the Voyage, before I have even sent it in for trade?

Thank you

Last edited by bookyboy; 11-24-2019 at 01:50 PM.
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #13
Deskisamess
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
Sorry to bump something old..

Can I ask a trade-in question here..

I'm doing a trade-in of my Voyage and going to an Oasis 3...
They gave me the $50 credit + 25% off coupon instantly and thus the Oasis 3 is going to arrive before my Voyage has even been sent back.

What happens if I change my mind and decide I'd rather return the Oasis 3 and keep the Voyage, before I have even sent it in for trade?

Thank you
Amazon has the terms all spelled out:

If you selected Instant Payment and received a promotional credit toward the purchase of a new Amazon device and (i) you cancel the trade-in, (ii) your trade-in is not received within 35 calendar days, or (iii) your trade-in is a Rejected Item, then you authorize us to charge your payment method for the amount of the promotional credit used.

From here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201889830
Old 11-24-2019, 02:37 PM   #14
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Amazon has the terms all spelled out:

If you selected Instant Payment and received a promotional credit toward the purchase of a new Amazon device and (i) you cancel the trade-in, (ii) your trade-in is not received within 35 calendar days, or (iii) your trade-in is a Rejected Item, then you authorize us to charge your payment method for the amount of the promotional credit used.

From here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201889830
But what happens if you return the device you just got before the trade-in was even due?

(the promo credit would then "not" have been used, you know?)
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote