Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 11-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Nook audiobooks

Well, now we know why Barnes & Noble stopped selling audiobooks.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11...one-or-tablet/

Personally, this is a non-starter for me. I already have 1 supplier of DRM audio - Audible. I don't need another. I buy regularly from other suppliers who are non-DRM (Tantor, Downpour, etc), and from those I can come and go as I please. B&N used to offer non-DRM (through Overdrive), but apparently that didn't work for them. My bet is that this one will work even less.

skinmaan

Last edited by skinmaan; 11-06-2014 at 05:24 PM.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #2
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Ack, once again "they" are trying to make me listen on my phone! First my library, then KU, now Scribd and Nook.

In addition to the inconvenience of not being able to use my preferred device (Clip Zip), I don't want to have books sprawled all over the place; I don't want to have to try to remember just where I bought such-and-such book and bounce from app to app looking for it. I want books from a single author or in a single series to live together nicely in one place, not in different apps!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote