Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #166
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This is sad news to come to, after being away on vacation and incommunicado for the week.

Patricia was always a pleasure to speak to (via these threads), always happy and optimistic, and a supporter of those who tried to make these forums a happier and more informative place. She will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to her family, her friends, and all those who remember her fondly on MR.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #167
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I have created a Donation Page which will split your domain in Memorium of Pat evenly among the three charities requested by her family.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PatClark

You can make your donation on line with a credit card. I hope this helps people make a donation to all three charities in one pass.

BOb
I quote this again for those who may have missed it and want to know of a fitting way to honor Patricia for all she did.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PatClark
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #168
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
I don't post a lot compared to many of the regulars on this site, so I don't really know anyone on here that well. However, I love reading posts by and (when I have time) interacting with the people who have become staples of this community. I have no stories to share but I'm saddened by this news. My condolences to Patricia's family.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #169
Tracey
Connoisseur
Tracey is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
I am saddened to hear of Patricia's passing. I hope that she is at peace and that her family and friends will share that peace in due course.

Farewell fine lady; rest well.

Thanks to Zelda for passing on the news with such eloquence and sensitivity.

My kindest regards to you all,

Tracey
Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #170
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I return from holidays to this very sad news. I had recently congratulated Patricia on her birthday and knew something was amiss because there was no reply, and Patricia always took the time to reply with a very personal message. Reading through all of the heartfelt comments in this thread, jinlo's remembrance struck a chord with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
Patricia was kind, giving and helpful.

For me, this one simple thread, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78210, does more to illustrate her character than any words I could write now.

She responded to the request of a stranger with the heart of someone willing to do as much as possible.

May her spirit find joyous adventures.
I also gave Patricia karma for finding and uploading that specific eBook request and her response was:
Quote:
Thank you for the karma, WDE. I quite like doing requests because I often end up reading new things.
The library dedication is a great tribute to Patricia's tireless efforts and will allow a lot of others to discover the joy of "reading new things". It is still difficult to talk about Patricia in the past tense. I can still here her voice even though I've never met Patricia in person. I more than "quite liked" having you here Patricia. You were so very kind and will be dearly missed.

My heartfelt condolences to her partner, family and friends.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #171
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
The library dedication is a great tribute to Patricia's tireless efforts and will allow a lot of others to discover the joy of "reading new things".
The more I think about this (I think Cassidy suggested it a week ago) the more I am in favour of it. Our "Upload Section" probably started out to be just that: a place reserved where people could stick the books they prepared so others could have a look at them. It has long since become something much more than that and largely as a result of the work and encouragement of people like Patricia. It's now a library so why don't we call it that and honour Patricia's efforts by naming it after her?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #172
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
The more I think about this (I think Cassidy suggested it a week ago) the more I am in favour of it. Our "Upload Section" probably started out to be just that: a place reserved where people could stick the books they prepared so others could have a look at them. It has long since become something much more than that and largely as a result of the work and encouragement of people like Patricia. It's now a library so why don't we call it that and honour Patricia's efforts by naming it after her?
you are right vr, and wde and cassidy and everyone who supports this idea. i also can't think of a more fitting tribute. the upload section has been renamed as the "Patricia Clark Memorial Library" ; in order not to confuse new members we've left "E-book Uploads" as the first part of the name but you can see in the main forum page https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ the addition and there is also a short explanation of this dedication in form of a notice at the top of the page visible here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132

we're currently discussing a more permanent way to include this explanation, probably with a wiki page at the very least.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #173
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Oooops. Please forgive me for not noticing that this had been done. I thought I was going to have to rally support for the idea but am very pleased that you're way ahead of me. May I also suggest that Patricia's avatar be placed somewhere on the page of the library with her name? I always thought that was a lovely and fitting image and I would be grateful to see it when I go there. And while I'm thinking of it I should spend some time soon converting and posting some more books there.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #174
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I would like to see her name change from Green to Gold...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #175
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
My condolences.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:30 PM   #176
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Yes!!!!!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #177
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
That's a wonderful suggestion yvan!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #178
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I posted this in the "Light a Candle" thread, but would like to post it here, as well.

The Graces from Greek mythology "were conceived as the goddesses who gave festive joy and enhanced the enjoyments of life by refinement and gentleness." (Charites). Some of us have joked that we had some Graces of our own here at Mobileread, and Patricia was certainly one of them. She was also a teacher of classics, and though not religious herself, used part of Ecclesiastes 12:12 in her sig line: "Of making many books there is no end." She was an inspiration in her generosity and skill in providing beautifully formatted ebooks, and even more so in her elegant and positive contributions to our online discussions. She will be dearly missed.

May I use the image for my own e-books?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:26 AM   #179
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
YES !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:49 AM   #180
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Nice idea, but taking away the "green" would hide the fact that Patricia was (and always will be) a member of the team, especially from those who have never had the chance of meeting her here.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 09-14-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote