Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-03-2021, 01:04 PM   #1
notdog
notdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Mac laptop
Shortcuts for top and bottom of library window

I've looked all over for keyboard shortcuts to go to the top and bottom of the main library window. Do they exist? I'm on a Mac laptop. I can go up and down a page at a time with the fn + up/down arrow, and I can jump left or right with fn and those arrows, but nothing seems to take me to the top and bottom.
notdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:17 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
On Windows it's Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End, unless you're in cover grid view, then it's just Home and End. Not sure what key Ctrl would be on Mac.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-03-2021 at 02:26 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2021, 07:01 PM   #3
notdog
notdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the end

That's what it might be on a Mac extended keyboard. On a Mac laptop without Home and End keys you'd ordinarily mimic Home and End with the special fn key. Home might be fn + left arrow, for example. In Calibre that key combo will take you to the left side of the current row. So I wondered if that might be some way to assign other keystrokes as an alternative. I haven't spotted it yet.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:35 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Long shot: try cmd+fn+left arrow for top of list, and cmd+fn+right arrow for bottom of list.

AFAIK there's no customisable shortcut for those actions.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:54 PM   #5
notdog

OMG, that's it! How'd I miss that? Thanks, BetterRed!
Advert