Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #16
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-edge
To answer some of your questions;
1) The rigid material in our leather jacket is plastic.
2) Our jacket is designed to replace the stock reader case; so the reader will not fit into the M-edge jacket with the stock case attached.
3) We do not use the Sony "snap-lock" design to attach the reader to our jacket. The reader slides in behind a leather rim that holds the reader in place.
4) The reader will need to be removed from the jacket in order to fit into the dock.
5) We ship internationally from our website (www.buymedge.com); however, we are working on developing a european distribution channel.
How can they call this leather if it's plastic? Plus your websight says it doesn't need to be removed to charge. So now I want to know what really is what before I go and purchase this. I was planning on it when the red version came out but now that things seem wishy washy, I am not sure.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #17
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Not to be argumentative or anything but this is what you post on your websight for the sony Jacket.

So now I hear, it's plastic, and you have to remove it to charge? If that is the case I may have changed my mind.

Jacket Facts
Fits: Sony Reader PRS500
Features: Case allows full access to all ports and buttons; interior pockets for organizing business cards, notes, and papers; and a loop for pen/pencil storage.
Material: 100% leather exterior with suede interior.
Advert
Old 02-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #18
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I think we have a misunderstanding here...

The INSIDE of the frontcover is plastic, the stiffening...not the actual cover.
I'm not sure about the recharging...do you need to dock the Sony Reader to charge or can you connect the charging cable just like that? Then you would be able to chrage it in the cover...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:12 PM   #19
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I think we have a misunderstanding here...

The INSIDE of the frontcover is plastic, the stiffening...not the actual cover.
I'm not sure about the recharging...do you need to dock the Sony Reader to charge or can you connect the charging cable just like that? Then you would be able to chrage it in the cover...
I just use a plain old recharger, I don't have the docker.... didn't see the need for it actually, just an added expense <G>

Okay so where is the so called suede that is supposed to be on the inside? Sorry, I am just seeing so many different versions.....
Old 02-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #20
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
The way I understand it (and the way it is with my Iliad book cover), the inside of the case is padded with suede. If it is like my Iliad case, then it's a soft and slightly fluffy stuff...:-)

I hope medge comes in again and gives you the details.
All I can say from my own experience is that the cases M-Edge makes seem to be very well thought-out and made. I don#t think they are advertising anything on their website that is not true.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2007, 05:36 PM   #21
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

I wouldn't think they would either but I guess someone got some info from someone here and it's in this thread and he states you need to remove the jacket to charge... so that iswhy I am questioning it. From what I can see, it's no different than what came on the sony other than looking nicer and the plugs are all on the bottom... I don't have a problem with this jacket not snapping in. I can surely live without that huge snap. I was freaking when I took it off the first time looking for the serial number and getting back on, holy cow........ ha ha.

So I am sure this is going to be acceptable to me.... but I want a RED one and not black....... maybe someone here will have one before the red is released and tell us all about it.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #22
Snassek
Connoisseur
Snassek is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
I wouldn't think they would either but I guess someone got some info from someone here and it's in this thread and he states you need to remove the jacket to charge... so that iswhy I am questioning it.
My understanding is that you have to remove the cover if you plan on using the dock station to charge, but you don't need to remove it if you use either the USB or standard plug to charge it.

Oh, and I would like to see either a red or green cover.
Snassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #23
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3/DVP11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snassek
My understanding is that you have to remove the cover if you plan on using the dock station to charge, but you don't need to remove it if you use either the USB or standard plug to charge it.
That was also my understanding... the ports are available, but you have to remove the cover to fit the Reader on the dock.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #24
donkaarlos
Junior Iliad User
donkaarlos began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad GONE - kindle & Kyobo
M-edge

There are many things I like about M-edge. They seem to listen and react to our needs and input. They are shipping to Europe at only 13 $ charge. Ordering the leather jacket ended up to be 47,50 Euros all cost included. I'm pretty convinced that the quality will be good.

I'll post some pictures when I get it. And well yes, after getting it I will have at least one spare cover for somebody who might be interested. I will let you know, which one is on sale - The "35 EUR" iRex cover or the M-edge leather jacket and again I'll offer it at a very fair price.

Last edited by donkaarlos; 02-12-2007 at 01:04 PM.
donkaarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #25
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkaarlos
There are many things I like about M-edge. They seem to listen and react to our needs and input. They are shipping to Europe at only 13 $ charge. Ordering the leather jacket ended up to be 47,50 Euros all cost included. I'm pretty convinced that the quality will be good.

I'll post some pictures when I get it. And well yes, after getting it I will have at least one spare cover for somebody who might be interested. I will let you know, which one is on sale - The "35 EUR" iRex cover or the M-edge leather jacket and again I'll offer it at a very fear price.
Looking forward for your report. Goodluck!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #26
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Okay, being told that this new Jacket does not have the snap feature but that it sits behind this thing that holds it in. I am just wondering how in the heck is it held in place and tightly within the jacket. I mean I can see it has the covering over the front of the reader, but how did the reader get inside and what is keeping it within the confines of that front piece?

Does that make sense?
here is the picture again.

http://www.buymedge.com/Images/sonyr...ather_open.jpg
Old 02-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #27
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Monte Cristo 3
My guess is that it slides in from the top.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #28
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

I would think it safe to slide in from the center spine if that was the case. closed it could slide out. Center slide, it would have to run into the jacket before coming out. LOL. All this speculation...... well I am not going to email them for a fourth time and ask. I guess we will just have to wait or if one of the Iliad readers are reading this, tell us how there is put in.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #29
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Monte Cristo 3
I'd think that if it slid in from the center, that longer edge would flop around more than I'd like.

There may be some sort of physical retainer strap (velcro?), or it may just be a good friction fit. Either way could work, I s'pose.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #30
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkaarlos

I'll post some pictures when I get it. And well yes, after getting it I will have at least one spare cover for somebody who might be interested. I will let you know, which one is on sale - The "35 EUR" iRex cover or the M-edge leather jacket and again I'll offer it at a very fair price.

Just wanting to let MR members know that donkarloos is a trustworthy seller.
I have bought a cover from him, and the transaction went smoothly!
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote