Kirys has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boox M90
the page you linked says that is a bug that will be fixed in java 1.6
Kirys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:15 AM   #62
ShadowedAsh
ShadowedAsh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Any way, in a future release, we could order the files? I have manga that is split into chapters but while some are completely labeled as the "chapterXX - pageXX", there are some that are labeled as, simply, "pageXX" and put into a specific chapter folder. If I add those files, the program automatically puts them at the top and doesn't let me order them the way I want.
ShadowedAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2007, 03:52 AM   #63
Kirys
Zealot

yes there will be, but i must admit that actually i do not have any idea of which is the best way (from a coding point of view) to do that in java.
The easyest would be to assign a priority and sort for both priority and filename. But is not user friendly
Old 02-20-2007, 03:09 AM   #64
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowedAsh
Any way, in a future release, we could order the files? I have manga that is split into chapters but while some are completely labeled as the "chapterXX - pageXX", there are some that are labeled as, simply, "pageXX" and put into a specific chapter folder. If I add those files, the program automatically puts them at the top and doesn't let me order them the way I want.
In the interim, you can use 1-4a Rename (it's free and you can find it here: http://www.1-4a.com/rename/) to bulk-covert the contents of folders pretty painlessly. I originally used this to convert audiobook rips to a more me-friendly format and have stuck with it since. I know you still have to do a little of this on the manual side; e.g., have each chapter in its own folder - rename first to 1-xx - rename next folder contents to xx-yy - etc., but it will get the job done if you want it all in one book; or you can stick with multiple chapters per book. I personally like one single book per anime volume, so I spend the extra minute or two fixing things up to work the way I like it to.

I think it will be a bit of a tough job to script in the renaming without cludging along a bit, because you don't really know how people are packing these things from the get-go (it seems quite random to me, as it varies so much site-to-site & editor-to-editor). Until then, good luck!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:15 AM   #65
ProjectCafe
ProjectCafe began at the beginning.

Is there a way that someone just post the converted manga somewhere for download, instead of everyone converting the same stuff? Haha...I am lazy.
ProjectCafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #66
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectCafe
Is there a way that someone just post the converted manga somewhere for download, instead of everyone converting the same stuff? Haha...I am lazy.
Bit of a legal grey area that.
splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:12 AM   #67
ProjectCafe
ProjectCafe began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splat
Bit of a legal grey area that.
You mean places like http://www.stoptazmo.com and the billion other sites should be shut down? heh
ProjectCafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #68
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectCafe
You mean places like http://www.stoptazmo.com and the billion other sites should be shut down? heh
No, that is not what I said. It is a legal gray area, and can leave the people who host the files open to prosecution. No more than the MPAA/RIAA going after P2P sites, a number of Japanese Manga companies have tried to get sites shut down for hosting scanlations of their work.

How about you start converting them and host them somewhere for the community to avail of
Old 03-02-2007, 02:17 AM   #69
Kirys
Zealot

sorry but it would be better to speak of this in another place, and keep this topic only for comments on my small application
Old 03-03-2007, 03:22 AM   #70
Kirys
Zealot

Smile

I've just uploaded v0.5.0
The main new feature is the image splitting support (for two page sources)
It does support both comics and unflipped mangas
There are also a some minor improvements
Bye
Old 03-05-2007, 01:45 AM   #71
Kirys
Zealot

could someone give me some opinion on the filters i've added to the software?
I'm still waiting also for screenshots of device showing converted comics (converted with only my software)
Cya
Old 03-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #72
splat
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirys
could someone give me some opinion on the filters i've added to the software?
I'm still waiting also for screenshots of device showing converted comics (converted with only my software)
Cya
I havn't had to play around with the filters at all with the manga I am reading. But when I get some free time I'll play about and give you some feed back on this.

Keep up the good work, although we might be quiet, we appreciate the work (or at least I do )
Old 03-09-2007, 02:39 AM   #73
Kirys
Zealot

Cool

I've just added v0.6.0
This version have image preview into the filters tab, so you can test the result before generate the actual converted file, this will allow obtaining the best results based on the source files.
the image used into the preview is the selected image into the main tab, if none is selected it will use the first image, if multiple images are selected it will use the first selected image.

This release contain also major code changes (the abstraction of the image loading layer) that are the base of future cbz/zip file support.
This may create some unstability. So please check it throughtly.

Cya
Kirys
Old 03-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #74
Kirys
Zealot

I've just uploaded v0.7.0 that provides CBZ/Zip support
Let me know how it works
Old 03-13-2007, 09:11 AM   #75
splat
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirys
I've just uploaded v0.7.0 that provides CBZ/Zip support
Let me know how it works
Works well so far. Although it would be nice to have the option to ignore case in .zip archives.Unfortunately 99% of my archives are in rar format so testing will be limited. I guess I could always repack

I ran into the problem where, an archive with 7 chapters, the 7th chapter was put first as the first letter in the file names was in upper case.

edit: also for the todo list have the preview window update when either RL or RR are selected.

Last edited by splat; 03-13-2007 at 09:16 AM.