Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #31
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirys
First I want (and need) to focus on the output quality that still need work, but for that i do need someone with an iliad or a sony and a digital camera, to help me figure out how the changes reflect on the readers.
Hey Kirys, hope you had a good weekend (looks like you've been busy!). I sw your post earlier about the lossless output you & clarification of what you'd like for testing. When I responded previously, my response was in regards to comparing the two examples you had posted; e.g., lossless vs. normal, I was under the impression you wanted to see what type of output I received when I ran it on one of my comics to compare outputs of just JEC vs. JEC+PRFR.

I've been a little busy lately, but should have some time later today to break out the digital cam and grab you some shots of your examples on my Reader; I'll also take a few snaps of my outputs so you can see. I haven't tried the new build yet, so hopefully I'll get a chance to try that too. Hopefully the report of it not processing PNG is not correct, as it worked previously. Talk more with you all later!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:14 AM   #32
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
If you want to rotate the image select the checkbox under the R colum fo the images you want to rotate
I tried this with version 3.0 on a Win XP computer with a jpg based comic and it had some unexpected results.
It seems to rotate the image 90 degrees Anti-clockwise (no problem there) but then flips the image, resulting in all the text being backwards

Last edited by splat; 01-30-2007 at 05:21 AM.
splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2007, 02:04 PM   #33
Kirys
Zealot
Kirys has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boox M90
Quote:
Originally Posted by splat
I tried this with version 3.0 on a Win XP computer with a jpg based comic and it had some unexpected results.
It seems to rotate the image 90 degrees Anti-clockwise (no problem there) but then flips the image, resulting in all the text being backwards
I've found the reason I'll fix this in next release.

Quote:
2) Adding a directory adds .DS_STORE files to the list for conversion.
I'll fix this in next release

Quote:
Only just getting around to using 3.0 (rev 1.19) fully and I am having a few issues.

1) converting PNG images does not work. I can add them to the image list fine
but when you click on generate it just sits at "completed 0%" and does
nothing
Could you send me the output of the java console? You should be able to open it from the java trayicon.
Kirys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #34
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
2) Adding a directory adds .DS_STORE files to the list for conversion.
forgot to mention this was on OS X. .DS_STORE is a hidden file. I guess the best thing to do would be to ignore dot files or perhaps non image files.

Quote:
Could you send me the output of the java console? You should be able to open it from the java trayicon.
Not quite sure how to get the info in OS X but will certainly get you the output from a Windows XP machine for tomorrow.

edit: figured out the OS X output. PM sent.

Last edited by splat; 01-31-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:40 PM   #35
Kirys
Zealot

OSX? wow This is why i love java

Well I'm trying to figure it out, I'll upload a new version soon
Advert
Old 01-31-2007, 08:03 PM   #36
ProjectCafe
ProjectCafe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Hi, I am having the same problem with PNG files, I can put it in the tray, but it doesn't convert into PDF. Thanks.
ProjectCafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:28 AM   #37
Kirys
Zealot

Please try v0.3.1 and let me know if it fixes your problems
Bye
Old 02-01-2007, 07:10 AM   #38
ProjectCafe

Actually, I only downloaded the program only yesterday, so I am using the most current version.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:25 AM   #39
splat
Zealot

Quote:
Please try v0.3.1 and let me know if it fixes your problems
Bye
Some good news

Well tried 0.3.1 on Win XP this morning and it still wasn't converting .png files. Then I noticed I had some Java updates. Installed those, did the test again and 0.3.1 converts png fine now.

Have not had a chance to try out OS X yet.

Image rotation also works as expected now.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #40
Kirys
Zealot

Very well!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #41
splat
Zealot

Still not working on OS X 10.4.8, just sits at 0%

$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-113)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-68, mixed mode, sharing).

Let me know if you want another output
Old 02-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #42
Kirys
Zealot

lets see if sun releases a new VM for osx, I would be impossible to fix something that is related to the java VM.
Please check if it does this with all png or only some.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #43
splat
Zealot

Quote:
Please check if it does this with all png or only some.
All PNG I have tried to date do not work. Perhaps other OS X users could do some testing also
Old 02-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #44
ProjectCafe

How do I find updates for Java for XP?
Old 02-02-2007, 06:10 AM   #45
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectCafe
How do I find updates for Java for XP?
I recommend explicitly downloading and installing latest java from java.sun.com.
narve is offline   Reply With Quote