Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 04:43 AM   #61
roatto
roatto began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook 3Gen - iRex Iliad - DR800SG
I forgot another thing, as posted in another thread from the member "Dellaster" in the USA market from the 2000 Census, what people speak at home:
English only – 80.60%
Spanish – 12.03%
Chinese – 0.57%
Tagalog – 0.51%
French – 0.49%
Vietnamese – 0.42%
German – 0.41%
Korean – 0.37%
Russian – 0.31%
Italian – 0,29%
so if iRex unify the language options between the 800S and 800SG. More choices can't hurt
roatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:53 AM   #62
Egnos
Egnos began at the beginning.

Device: IREX D800S
I also noticed the battery consumption rate is (much) faster with V2 than V1, both when the device is on and in standby mode.
In V1 the device switched off after a while in V2 the device stays on. (is thet intended?)
Even not using the device drains the battery very fast. One block in one night without using it.
I hope this is solved in the final version.
Egnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #63
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
same happened to me the first night. One night, after a full charge, it was down one block. Will see how it is tomorrow.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #64
stevedw
stevedw began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
So, I was hoping the 2.0 firmware would fix an issue I've been seeing, but it didn't seem to change anything.

I generate EPUB files containing full screen images, they're rasterized aviation charts. On other devices I can coax them(with CSS and properly sized images) to display 1 pixel on the PNG to 1 pixel on the screen. However, nothing I can do on the iRex DR800SG with the original or the beta firmware changes it's seemingly arbitrary handling of images in EPUB files. I get different image sizes based on my font settings even when CSS requests an image the full width of the screen. And then the images are always scaled somewhat.

I've attached a sample, ideally it should either be the full width of the display or 1:1. I can deal with either, but not whatever it seems to be doing.
Attached Files
File Type: epub a1.epub (6.4 KB, 189 views)
stevedw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #65
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedw View Post
So, I was hoping the 2.0 firmware would fix an issue I've been seeing, but it didn't seem to change anything.

I generate EPUB files containing full screen images, they're rasterized aviation charts. On other devices I can coax them(with CSS and properly sized images) to display 1 pixel on the PNG to 1 pixel on the screen. However, nothing I can do on the iRex DR800SG with the original or the beta firmware changes it's seemingly arbitrary handling of images in EPUB files. I get different image sizes based on my font settings even when CSS requests an image the full width of the screen. And then the images are always scaled somewhat.

I've attached a sample, ideally it should either be the full width of the display or 1:1. I can deal with either, but not whatever it seems to be doing.
I can confirm this. I couldn't get an image to display 1:1 even if I set No Margins and the image was the exact visible screen size (768x981). In that last case it was shrunk so that there was a quarter inch on each side.

Even viewing the raw PNG you can't get 1:1 unless one or both dimensions are exactly the visible screen area (either 768 width or 981 height).

Attached is the test pattern image from the original ePub pasted into a 768x981 white space image. It views correctly 1:1 viewed as a PNG, but if you put it back into the ePub it won't, even with No Margins selected in the Settings.

Also included is a full 768x981 test pattern so you can see that it fills (or doesn't fill) the viewable area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06030R17.1.700x900.png
Views:	225
Size:	603 Bytes
ID:	49653   Click image for larger version

Name:	768x981_test_pattern.png
Views:	243
Size:	585 Bytes
ID:	49654  
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #66
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellaster View Post
I can confirm this. I couldn't get an image to display 1:1 even if I set No Margins and the image was the exact visible screen size (768x981). In that last case it was shrunk so that there was a quarter inch on each side.
Previously it was found a font size setting other than the default (medium I think) would incorrectly affects image sizes as well, even when those images are set for specific dimensions in the document. See if changing the font size setting makes a difference.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #67
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
Previously it was found a font size setting other than the default (medium I think) would incorrectly affects image sizes as well, even when those images are set for specific dimensions in the document. See if changing the font size setting makes a difference.
Default used to be Small. It's Medium in the beta (thank you, iRex). It comes up slightly scaled in Medium and gets worse in any other font size setting.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:05 AM   #68
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
Medium was just 'close to 1:1', I don't think anyone actually confirmed it was truly 1:1. The lack of the ability to do 1:1 in an ePub is what made me write the CBZ plugin in the first place.

It gets better though, the iRex is the ONLY device that applies the font setting to images using pixel height/width when using the ADE SDK. I filed a bug via iRex support and got it blamed on Adobe not once but twice.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:06 AM   #69
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
We will look into this scaling issue in EPUB.
There are several ways of scaling/zooming/reflowing an EPUB using the RMSDK, it appears we may need to use another way...
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:07 AM   #70
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by roatto View Post
if iRex unify the language options between the 800S and 800SG. More choices can't hurt
We agree and we're doing exactly that for the 2.0 release.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #71
Mr. X
Connoisseur
Mr. X is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex DR800SG
One thing I'm missing since switching to the beta firmware is the CTBPlus feature to browse by folder in the tag view... I think if this were added to the official CTB it would answer a lot of the requests for metadata-based viewing in the SD Card (which I'd rather stay filename based or at least togleable). Also, an official top-level view for Applications that shows up if a particular folder exists on the SD card would be nice for people hacking on 3rd party apps that aren't necessarily tied to a document type...
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #72
Opensesame
Opensesame began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG
For some epub files, the page numbers are not continuous (the epub books coming with the device). I found this issue on both v1 and v2 beta.
Opensesame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:02 AM   #73
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opensesame View Post
For some epub files, the page numbers are not continuous (the epub books coming with the device). I found this issue on both v1 and v2 beta.
That is not an issue, that is how ePub actually works. Because you can change the font size you can determine yourself how many pages are shown on the display. With small font you get 2 or 3 pages on the display. With large font half a page.
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #74
roatto
roatto began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook 3Gen - iRex Iliad - DR800SG
languages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
We agree and we're doing exactly that for the 2.0 release.

MatthiJs, that's is a very very nice surprise.... thanks
roatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #75
al1972
Enthusiast
al1972 began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, IPad
MatthiJs, when do you expect to finalize the firmware? End of April or some next months?
al1972 is offline   Reply With Quote