Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 08:00 AM   #46
avidreader99
avidreader99 began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Car Toys is Legitimate IREX retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneau View Post
Says on the site "in Stock", if this is legit, think I will cancel bb and go with them, I would have to pay tax but still save about 16.00
The DR800SG is now available in Car Toys as well as on bestbuy.com. No worries, Car Toys is an authorized IREX retailer. other channels will follow soon.
avidreader99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #47
avidreader99

D800SG is the same device at Best Buy and Car Toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulsattar View Post
The one in BestBuy is premium limited edition as they wrote in their email to me

(IREX-Digital Reader Premium Limited Edition-DR800SG-US-BK-VD)

So, may be the one in CAR TOYS is different ( not premium limited )

??????
Best Buy's email erroneously refers to a Limited Edition DR800SG. They sell the standard edition, which is identical to the eReader that Car Toys offers.

Best Buy planned for a Limited Edition but it never materialized. Apparently some of their web correspondence has not been changed yet.
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #48
avidreader99

DR800SG & DR800s Firmware upgrade coming soon. In beta now and includes:
• Note taking application
• PDF document zoom and scribble functions
• "Go to page" menu function
• Faster 3G connection setup time
• Barnes & Noble EPUB file support
• Automatic indexing of title, author and thumbnail when a file is added to the device
• Ability to import Settings and Accounts information (MYIREX, Adobe) from MYIREX sign-up webpage on PC
• “View Book Information” menu function that shows file details for PDF and EPUB
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #49
BrassMonkey
BrassMonkey began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just received the "Shipped" email from Car Toys. Placed the order on 2/27 and was able to take advantage of Amazon discount and no tax.
Thanks to Paulie for the pointer.
BTW, BestBuy has 800's back in stock.
BrassMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #50
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Yeah, I noticed that too. Kind of struck me as a little odd, especially since iRex has so far been saying BestBuy only for now. I sent iRex a note asking if this was legit. Maybe when they said more retailers would be added later, they meant this soon.

I'll let you know what I hear back from iRex.
iRex confirmed that they are selling through more retailers now. They said there are around 5 at the moment, and hope to add more in the future. They specifically said that CAR TOYS is one of them.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #51
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey View Post
Just received the "Shipped" email from Car Toys. Placed the order on 2/27 and was able to take advantage of Amazon discount and no tax.
Thanks to Paulie for the pointer.
Me2
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #52
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Bagged one...on it's way via UPS ground.
OrcaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:07 AM   #53
superhero
Enthusiast
superhero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.superhero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.superhero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.superhero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS 505, B&N Nook, Sony Daily Edition, iRex Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidreader99 View Post
DR800SG & DR800s Firmware upgrade coming soon. In beta now and includes:
• Note taking application
• PDF document zoom and scribble functions
• "Go to page" menu function
• Faster 3G connection setup time
• Barnes & Noble EPUB file support
• Automatic indexing of title, author and thumbnail when a file is added to the device
• Ability to import Settings and Accounts information (MYIREX, Adobe) from MYIREX sign-up webpage on PC
• “View Book Information” menu function that shows file details for PDF and EPUB
I hope they follow through but I was very disappointed to see no dictionary. I believe any good e-book reader needs a built in dictionary...and a stylus slot...but that is just me
superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:41 AM   #54
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero View Post
I hope they follow through but I was very disappointed to see no dictionary. I believe any good e-book reader needs a built in dictionary...and a stylus slot...but that is just me
The stylus slot I can kind of understand. They've really slimmed the device down compared to the previous ones, and they offer several different stylus options. There is no way that an advanced or executive stylus could fit in the DR800, and I have doubts that they could fit the standard one without making the device bigger than it is. I think that's the tradeoff that it really came down to. They had to make a design decision between including a slot in the device itself for a stylus vs the overall size. They decided to put the stylus in the case/cover instead. I'm not sure I disagree with it.

The dictionary is more curious. I still think this is something that they intended to have, but either wasn't ready or had problems.

Last edited by Shaggy; 03-02-2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #55
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
The Amazon checkout option/discount may be gone, but since it's a) in stock, b) no tax for me, and c) free UPS ground shipping, I pulled the trigger. I've been waiting for a larger screen for my reading pleasure and I don't need frills (dictionary look-up? I've never had to look up a word on my Kindle2, ever). So this iRex looks like it'll suit me well.

Thanks for the tip on the Car Toys retailer.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #56
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellaster View Post
The Amazon checkout option/discount may be gone, but since it's a) in stock, b) no tax for me, and c) free UPS ground shipping, I pulled the trigger. I've been waiting for a larger screen for my reading pleasure and I don't need frills (dictionary look-up? I've never had to look up a word on my Kindle2, ever). So this iRex looks like it'll suit me well.

Thanks for the tip on the Car Toys retailer.
Congratulations! It's all about finding what works for you. Sounds like you did.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #57
hsiafreak
hsiafreak began at the beginning.

Mine came today. No problem crossing the border. In fact I was surprised to find that there was no duty on electronics so my total was $393 delivered including Washington sales tax and $44 sales tax for Canada at the border. I'm charging right now but can see already that I am in the market for a better cover, hope there is something other than the white one on the Irex site to be had.
hsiafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #58
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
delivered a bit ago charging now.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #59
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Good to see more users joining the ranks of DR800S/SG owners.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #60
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiafreak View Post
I'm charging right now but can see already that I am in the market for a better cover, hope there is something other than the white one on the Irex site to be had.
Covers were discussed a bit in another thread, but there aren't any good 3rd party options that I know of right now. I'd keep an eye out for M-Edge to create one though, they've done covers in the past for both of iRex's other devices.