Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #31
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You need to buy it so that you can give me a full review so that I can decide if I want to buy it. You'd be performing a great public service.
I'm definitely picking one up so I'll be happy to do some comparisons to the Sony and Kindle devices.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #32
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
On the Bestbuy.com website, it also says: Available Online Only
Very true, but the agent I spoke with on the phone said that is typical for new to stock items and that it should be changing, although she wasn't sure if it might be online only for a period of time and then be available in the stores as well. We'll have to wait a few more days to figure out what's going on.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #33
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I'm definitely picking one up so I'll be happy to do some comparisons to the Sony and Kindle devices.
Excellent! I look forward to your review.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:23 AM   #34
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
They changed the text on the web site, it now says "Coming soon" where the order button should be. I hope "soon" means tonight at midnight! Hah.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 AM   #35
smerrall
smerrall began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
I hope "soon" means tonight at midnight! Hah.
Living on the other side of the world helps me for once. I get to monitor the site during the whole out-of-business-hours interval. I'll be keeping a close watch for the next 7 hours. I just need to trick them into sending it to me.
smerrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 12:51 AM   #36
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBSD View Post
What would you guys recommend when I'd like to buy on of this devices from the US and ship it over to germany?
I don't have any contacts in the states to buy a device and ship it over to germany.

If you've some solutions that would be great :-)
I've ordered about half of my readers in the US (I'm from Germany as well).
To give you some rules of thumb:
- US price + 10% fee to your distributor
- ca. $ 40 for shipping
- ca. € 50 for tax and VAT if you have to pay them (sometimes you're lucky)
Usually, the result is quite simple: The US price in $ will add up to the very same amount in €. With Sony 900 I've been lucky, about 7% (in €) below the US price (in $). With Kindle 2, customs partially did kill the fun. It added (in €) about 10% above the US price (in $).

So, if you estimate 1:1 the very same amount, you easily can decide, whether shipping from the US makes sense or not.
Keep in mind: In case of warranty, you'll run into troubles. Usually, you can't have it repaired here, but have to ship it back to the US.
(Just wanted to tell you this. You probably shouldn't worry too much about warranty. In my experience, those gadgets either are defect from the very beginning or never at all.)

Personally, I don't order in the US to save money, but to have my gadgets ahead of time. Or to have them at all (Sony 700 never officially made it to Germany, if I remember correctly).
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #37
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Excellent! I look forward to your review.
What would you like to know? DeReader or myself may be able to answer your questions already?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:58 AM   #38
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
You could use a forwarding service like this one.
Has anyone used USUnlocked? Are they trustworthy and what costs do they have?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:02 AM   #39
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Has anyone used USUnlocked? Are they trustworthy and what costs do they have?
I have used Shipito twice, they are very good and trust worthy. You can check their site to compare charges.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #40
harrids
harrids began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I have used Shipito twice
with bestbuy?
harrids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:23 AM   #41
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrids View Post
with bestbuy?
No, with Amazon for restricted electronics, but what difference does it make? You order online at Bestbuy and pay with your credit card, have them ship to the US address you get from Shipito or some other service and they ship the item from there to you. The things to watch out for are charges (including shipping charges!) and reputation/reliability of the service.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #42
harrids
harrids began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
but what difference does it make?
Quote from bestbuy's international ordering rules:
"Best Buy does not ship to known freight forwarders, and orders to such will be canceled."

That's why i'm asking.
harrids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #43
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrids View Post
Quote from bestbuy's international ordering rules:
"Best Buy does not ship to known freight forwarders, and orders to such will be canceled."

That's why i'm asking.
From the address Bestbuy cannot actually tell it is a freight forwarder, it is an address with your name and a street address given to you. My suggestion is to discuss this by sending an e-mail to shipito or another company of your choice.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #44
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, having a reliable contact in the States could help here...

And I wonder why BestBuy makes a difference between addresses... Why should they care where I ship it to as long as it's in the States? I mean, what's the difference if I send it to somebody who I know who then sends it on to me or to some company I know who then sends it on to me?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #45
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hmm, having a reliable contact in the States could help here...

And I wonder why BestBuy makes a difference between addresses... Why should they care where I ship it to as long as it's in the States? I mean, what's the difference if I send it to somebody who I know who then sends it on to me or to some company I know who then sends it on to me?
That must be pressure from Irex, given the fact that Irex is charging so much more for shipment from Europe. Even though I don't pay the 19% VAT it would still be much cheaper for me to buy from the US. Irex probably wants the $399.- to be a US only deal.