Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #61
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
They have not been shipped yet. This is very stupid, but I am trying to fix a lot of problem with the interfaces.

Assume devices are not shipped until you receive a tracking number from UPS.
If they do not do that, means that the device is not shipped. I am on top of this, believe me. I will let you know as soon as the problem is sold.

Regards,
Angel

This is the Message I received a couple of minutes ago..I shot back a slightly "hotheaded" answer...I'm not somebody who gets andgry or harassed easily, but this is just too much. They take from Friday to today to actualyl notice that something is not working apparently...and then they probably only noticed because I kept mailing them...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #62
LittleTalker
Connoisseur
LittleTalker began at the beginning.

They are learning the craft of software the hard way. I kinda expected this to come with the price.
Take a deep breath
uuuhm!
then release smoothly...
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
LittleTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2006, 11:02 AM   #63
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
They have not been shipped yet. This is very stupid, but I am trying to fix a lot of problem with the interfaces.

(...)

They take from Friday to today to actualyl notice that something is not working apparently...and then they probably only noticed because I kept mailing them...
And this implies that nobody is using the shop beyond us 20 prospective buyers.

I noticed two issues: the VAT calculation run into problems for any case aouside the standard european buyer (thus USA tax exemptions surely were not working). And the status modes were not clear. "Paid not shipped" appeared just after the contact with VISA card validation, but then it went (back?) to "processing status". If "processing" does not qualify for shipping, then I am sure I am not shipped. But again, I have not verifyed my VISA accont, perhaps I am not charged yet.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #64
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

@arivero The VAT issue was resolved I think.

the status "Paid not shipped" is for those who get their Iliads next. Processing comes before that. I think you got the wrong status because of the VISA problem and they "corrected" it then. They usually take the money right away which is a bit...not nice...but this is often done with credit card payments in my experience...

I'm not sure what the issue is here, but they should get a different company to do their website and webshop. I don't know how cheap they got that site, but it was still too expensive. The website works OK, but the compan seems to run into trouble every time a change is made...
Old 07-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #65
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
I'm not sure what the issue is here, but they should get a different company to do their website and webshop. I don't know how cheap they got that site, but it was still too expensive. The website works OK, but the compan seems to run into trouble every time a change is made...
i think they are running their Shop by themselfes. The file names and images for the buttons are exactly those from OSCommerce.
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #66
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
erm. Which VISA problems are you talking about?

I also paid with visa, and i'm also still on "processing".
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #67
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHer
erm. Which VISA problems are you talking about?

I also paid with visa, and i'm also still on "processing".
DHer, I am happy to hear of another person in the same situation. I was already thinking that everyone status was "paid not shipped" except me.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #68
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:

Assume devices are not shipped until you receive a tracking number from UPS.
If they do not do that, means that the device is not shipped. I am on top of this, believe me. I will let you know as soon as the problem is sold.

Regards,
Angel

This is the Message I received a couple of minutes ago..I shot back a slightly "hotheaded" answer...I'm not somebody who gets andgry or harassed easily, but this is just too much. They take from Friday to today to actualyl notice that something is not working apparently...and then they probably only noticed because I kept mailing them...
Commander, having read this multiple times, I'm not certain this was a hotheaded answer as much as communication in a non-native language. What Angel may have referred to as being "stupid" was the software interface, not your question.

I know many people that have tried to implement, ro switched to, SAP software (if that is in fact what Irex is using). "Stupid" would be one of the kindest remarks I heard, and very cool headed.

The people I know that implemented it more often used "bitch" when describing it.

FWIW.

(Thanks for your efforts by the way, and as my wife would say "breath deep and relax")
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #69
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
i, for one, wouldn't mind driving there and putting a sticker on my box for shipping. No SAP or UPS involved.

On the other hand, if i'm already there, i could take it with me directly. =)

But it's true, waiting for the Iliad is an important part of this purchase. Just as High5 already mentioned.

Would you be this emotionally involved with another piece of electronic gadgetry if it weren't for this 2 month of waiting?

Imagine going to a shop, seeing an iliad-like device for 650€. Would you buy it, and if you did, would you be so happy about holding it in your hands as you will be when *this* Iliad finally arrives? I don't think so.

There was a nice article in the "Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung" about expensive watches - and waiting up to 7 years for one. They wrote: "Spending money shouldn't be easier then earning it."
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:11 PM   #70
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

@villagereader

Their answer wasn't hotheaded, mine was (the one I sent back) and the Stupid also wasn't directed a tme...I hope...^^
Old 07-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #71
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHer
Would you be this emotionally involved with another piece of electronic gadgetry if it weren't for this 2 month of waiting?
Indeed, buying something is only than real fun...

...if it is never finished.
...if you have to care about daily (charge it, update it)
...if it costs a lot of money and can break easily.
...if the normal person on the street does not need it.
...if the normal person on the street does not even know what it is.
...if it needs a usergroup to use the thing.
...if it needs a usergroup to don't go nuts.
...if it needs a global usergroup to buy it.
...if it offers you the possibility to spend hours after hours trying to hack it while nobody is honering or even understanding what you do.
...if it could do anything better then anything else but just lacks the software to do so.
...if nobody is creating that software.
...if nobody can understand why you suddenly smile, laugh or cry.
...if nobody except you understands that this technology wouldn't have been possible some years ago.
...if you have to import it from a strange country.

...if it is like a Zaurus.

;-)

Last edited by R2D2; 07-10-2006 at 02:28 PM.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #72
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Yes R2D2...that's very true...we are all psychologically very ill...but there are companies who actually cater to our needs...so...why not...^^
Old 07-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #73
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Mr D2 that was a great post
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #74
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

OOOOMMMMMMMM

Sorry...wrong thread...

Apparentyl the problem really is interface related. They're working, trying to patch it up, but as VillageReader pointed out the SAP software they want to use to interface with UPS just isn't doing what it's supposed to do.

Angel made no promises for tomorrow. Some Orders are going to get "manual" treatment, these could make it. The others depend on how quickly the "interface" problems can be solved.

I was pretty mad at iRex this afternoon and I sent them a mail stating that people here are starting to consider cancelling their orders. I tried to keep my wording friendly and hope I haven't offended them.
What I wanted to convey with that mail was, that it's about time they finally get things going because otherwise people will quit and take their money with them.
I also tried to convey our wishes about better company-consumer communications. Maybe it'll work.

I don't think iRex is lying on purpose and I don't think they have malicious intent, but I do think that they are making many mistakes that could have been prevented.

We'll see what tomorrow will bring. I'll keep you posted and we'll all try to stay patient for another couple of days.
I guess that if the system starts running, then the other orders and shipments will be easy to handle, but the first batch is always the hardes apparently...^^
Old 07-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #75
arivero
Guru

We are the beta testers.