Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-14-2006, 05:15 AM   #31
ThinkNeXT
Enthusiast
ThinkNeXT began at the beginning.

Device: Loox600/S55/Ogo CT 17
CommanderROR, Sischa: does your Iliad have something loose inside that makes a noise when you shake the device, too? Mine does and it sounds like something broke inside :-(
I get the slight feeling that my usual luck is beginning to set in now... That will be an interesting inner fight - should I send it back to have this corrected/replaced or should I keep it because it is still better than nothing?
ThinkNeXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:20 AM   #32
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Depends on whats loose. If its the processor, i'd return it
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2006, 05:31 AM   #33
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Mine doesn't sound like anything is loose.
The top right corner of the plastic casing (next the the SD slot) makes a noise if I press there and it moves slightly, but apart from that...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:33 AM   #34
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Its seems nothing loose here *shakes it*
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:40 AM   #35
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
aaargh.

someone make this mental image of someone shaking an iliad instead of admiring it go away.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2006, 05:54 AM   #36
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
UPS has just left.

ITS MINE!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAH
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:54 AM   #37
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkNeXT
CommanderROR, Sischa: does your Iliad have something loose inside that makes a noise when you shake the device, too? Mine does and it sounds like something broke inside :-(
I get the slight feeling that my usual luck is beginning to set in now... That will be an interesting inner fight - should I send it back to have this corrected/replaced or should I keep it because it is still better than nothing?

It's not a button that's a little loose?
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:57 AM   #38
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Tribble: I hate you... Well at least until mine arrives I do.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:00 AM   #39
ThinkNeXT
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
It's not a button that's a little loose?
Hm, I had hoped so, but i think there is some plastic or the like floating around inside the housing. The only thing that should be floating is the e-ink :-/
Old 07-14-2006, 06:19 AM   #40
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Quote:
Hm, I had hoped so, but i think there is some plastic or the like floating around inside the housing. The only thing that should be floating is the e-ink :-/

Is the housing screwed together or is it one of those click&break housings?
Old 07-14-2006, 06:25 AM   #41
ThinkNeXT
Enthusiast

It's screwed together with star screws, they look used, as if they had been opened after the factory (at least normally screws from the factory don't have any wear).
Old 07-14-2006, 06:30 AM   #42
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
It's screwed together with star screws, they look used, as if they had been opened after the factory (at least normally screws from the factory don't have any wear).

Very strange they have wear. You could ask iRex what's going on or open it yourself if you are technical.

But for that money it's probably the best to talk to iRex.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:30 AM   #43
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
doesn't sound to good if they are selling repaired iliads already
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:30 AM   #44
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
I think iRex is proof of homorous people in the netherlands. You should give them some credit here.
Those dutch are indeed a special bunch of people.
I should know...

A few years ago I wrote a FAQ called
"How to treat the Dutch and how to avoid becoming one"
a FAQ on life in the Netherlands.

It is still -sort of- alive and as long as you are waiting for that UPS guy to arrive at the front desk and the boss is not around, it might give you a valuable insight in the way that Irex is behaving towards you all...
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:45 AM   #45
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
*snigger*

Very good High 5
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote