Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #61
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by kees View Post
it's not a startup. It's a Philips spin off.
Even if it's legally not the same it's very much the same on the logical level.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #62
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
I was going to drop this issue and then Cybook went ahead and issued a comprehensive firmware upgrade for all their devices (even the old Cybook Gen3 v1 with 64MB of memory from 2007).

Last edited by m-reader; 12-25-2009 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Incorrect century - showing my age I think! :)
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 03:51 AM   #63
Minie
Minie began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
The official Bookeen/Cybook site has the Major Firmware Upgrades 1.5 & 2.0
Cybook Gen3, Cybook Opus, Cybook Gen3 – Gold Edition available for download

Version 2.0 - Adobe - supports ePub, PDF, FB2, HTML and TXT.
Version 1.5 - Mobipocket - supports PDF, PRC, HTML and TXT.

Merry Xmas!
Would be great if iREX silently allready also is wrapping such a Xmas or NewYears day surprise!
(but ... )
Minie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #64
hapipiko
hapipiko
hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: first iLiad V2 (now retired) Kobo touch, samsung galaxy tab
iliad users in the Netherlands compensated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
It's publicly available common knowledge information. It certainly isn't as though you need to refer to 3 different obscure sources to discover it.
Sure, so why defend shaggy?
Or do you consider him as obscure?

Last edited by hapipiko; 12-25-2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: kk
hapipiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #65
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapipiko View Post
Sure, so why defend shaggy?
Or do you consider him as obscure?
Well first, I like Shaggy. He seems like a good person.
Second, why do you seem intent on attacking him personally? If you had repeatedly attacked me in as personal and insulting manner as you and kees and minie, et al. have done him, I would've reported you on multiple occasions by now. I've considered doing so anyway.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #66
Minie

@ PhishStyx

I beg you pardon? Me attacking Shaggy?
You must be kidding!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:11 AM   #67
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minie View Post
@ PhishStyx

I beg you pardon? Me attacking Shaggy?
You must be kidding!
I assume you remember posting:
Quote:
@ Shaggy

Are you paid by post?
Even if you intended is as a joke of some unfunny sort, that's an ad hominem attack on Shaggy's honesty and integrity for which you have no evidence that I know of. So yes, . . .YOU. attacking. Shaggy.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:31 AM   #68
Minie

@ PhishStyx

Well that post whas just aiming at the four individual posts of Shaggy and was assumed to be funny. But i know britsh humour is not always taken by others.

So if it can be considered as attacking someone personally i apologize to Shaggy.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #69
hapipiko
hapipiko
hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: first iLiad V2 (now retired) Kobo touch, samsung galaxy tab
Quote:
Second, why do you seem intent on attacking him personally? If you had repeatedly attacked me in as personal and insulting manner as you and kees and minie, et al. have done him, I would've reported you on multiple occasions by now. I've considered doing so anyway.
Hmm, I always thought on a forum you could discuss items and make some things clear. Its always personal as I consider most tributes to this forum posted by persons, not bods.
I never had the intention to ' attack' anyone here, this is not a wargame, but an open forum to talk things over.

I dont know Kees or Minie. So we are not a group of internetsoldiers.

If you really think I was ' attacking' Shaggy, then report me.
I have had no intentions to do so, caling someone a ' wiseguy' is a headshot?

Last edited by hapipiko; 12-26-2009 at 08:05 AM.
hapipiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #70
kees
kees began at the beginning.

Device: palm E2
neither I do know hapipiko :-)

telling something about the lousy customerservices of iRex is attacking Shaggy.......
how come? Shaggy affiliation with iRex? Of course not.
kees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:04 AM   #71
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Minie, thanks for your clarification. Sometimes humor doesn't come across in writing as we intend.

Folks, let's try to keep this civil. It is clear that quite a few people are unhappy with iRex, and they may be justified or not, but arguing about it here isn't going to change anything. As this thread was started to report possible action by iRex, let's restrict conversation here to further information about that possibility, rather than criticism of each others positions.

Examples:

"I think this rumor is likely to be true because of this fact about law in the Netherlands...." OK.

"I think anyone who expects iRex to compensate them is..." Let's not go there. That's an ad hominem attack and against our Guidelines.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #72
Minie

I am curious if iLIAD-customers in other countries are also compensated by iREX. Anybody here ?
Old 12-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #73
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
I am curious if iLIAD-customers in other countries are also compensated by iREX. Anybody here ?
AFAIK not even Dutch customers have been compensated yet. There was a lot of talk about it - but I am yet to hear anything official.
As for the international customers? I am not holding my breath. 2010 is going to be a very exciting year and I am sure something will come along to tickle my fancy (PRS-900 looks awesome!).
As for the Iliad, I'll probably just cut my losses and move on. Not the first or the last time I was disappointed with a gadget I paid a lot of money for .
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #74
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Thank you.

Quote:
It doesn't really bother me. Posts like that reflect more negatively on the attacker than they do on the person being attacked.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #75
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Not that I've heard of, but I don't know how official the other one is either. I would assume that if anybody was offered an upgrade, there would be agreements not to discuss it. There hasn't been any legal action taken, that I know of.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote