Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #61
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Q: Will be a "Development Package" for new Reader Series offered? [EDIT:] YES!
Q: "Printing to iLiad" is a windows thing, right?
Yeah but the printing issue is a fake. I think you can read normal DIN A4 / Letter magazines anyway. Just use a pdf converter as a printing driver

... How much smaller is it in comparison to DIN A4 .. around 10 or 20 percent?

Last edited by joblack; 09-22-2008 at 11:48 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #62
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
That depends on your perspective. Compared to the Amazon Kindle with its 6" screen, I think this iRex Digital Reader is a huge step forward.
That depends what it is that you want. It's certainly not going to replace my Gen3, because that's the ideal size to carry around with me everywhere that I go. This is a different type of device altogether, aimed at a different market.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #63
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
And? Any answer yet?
They already charged my credit card. Other than that, nothing.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #64
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
All the iLiad 2.11 manuals are on line. I wish iRex would do the same for the DR1000 manuals.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:50 AM   #65
hofodude
hofodude began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
No MS-WORD support? It will be less attractive for business-use.

Well, at least they said "not yet" ...

24 hours battery life is too short

I bet it does not have suspend feature!

I will pass this time, and probably wait Plastic Logic next year ...
hofodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #66
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Yeah but the printing issue is a fake. I think you can read normal DIN A4 / Letter magazines anyway ... How much smaller is it in comparison to DIN A4 .. around 10 or 20 percent?
Do the calculations yourself!

A4 is 297 x 210 mm

Assuming this screen has a 4:3 aspect ratio, its size is approximately:

207 x 155 mm

So in linear dimensions it's about two thirds the size of A4. In area it's about half A4 (ie roughly A5).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #67
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
Not necessarily.
Anyway, the thing says it supports ppt natively, so i'd trust them on that.
...yea, but the Sony makes a claim to support some document formats that, it turns out, require them to be converted in order to be read on the PRS. So I'm still not convinced.

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #68
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I just checked with the US distributor. He was also told they should be shipped to him next week.

http://www.ereaderoutfitters.com/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #69
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Pre-ordering before you even know wether the device will have a suspend-mode? You like taking a risk, do you?
(I mean - I would expect it. But then I would have expected it from the first device).

Quote:
Originally Posted by godidog View Post
Will Irex fulfil their promises to support the development community, or leave them in the lurch again ?
You guess...

(And yes, I would like to have one. But I really dont trust iRex until someone else tested the device )
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:21 PM   #70
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Did anyone notice they are showing the New York Times as the newspaper in the pictures? Here's hoping that they've expanded their paper selection.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:22 PM   #71
emkay
Zealot
emkay began at the beginning.

Good to see iRex have been busy!

First impression, I'm afraid, is "what an ugly lump of cheap looking plastic"!
I can see that they've done some sensible things to keep costs down though, one of which is making a cheaper case.
Looks like a much better navigation system, and the reading experience of pdf articles and newspapers will be so much better with the bigger screen. Shame they couldn't rival the cool minimalism of Plastic Logic on the design front.

eBooks march onwards towards the mainstream!
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #72
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Huh, I actually like the looks of the case better ... no accounting for taste, I guess.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #73
writ
writ began at the beginning.

Device: none
External Keyboard Support (word processing)

Please no one give me the lecture on how these devices aren't for document creation, etc. I'm just looking for info: is there support for an external USB keyboard, or is that possible only with a hack (like with the iLiad)?

If anyone hears word from iRex or an informed user I'd love to know.
writ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #74
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by writ View Post
Please no one give me the lecture on how these devices aren't for document creation, etc. I'm just looking for info: is there support for an external USB keyboard, or is that possible only with a hack (like with the iLiad)?

If anyone hears word from iRex or an informed user I'd love to know.
I doubt it.

It appears to only have a mini usb plug. This likely means that it's not going to have usb host connectivity. So it won't be able to control any USB devices.

There may be hope on the bluetooth model, but that's yet to be seen.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:04 PM   #75
ebookreaders
wdejager
ebookreaders doesn't litterebookreaders doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, Cybook Gen3, iLiad 2nd & Book edition, iPhone 3G, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
It appears to only have a mini usb plug.
Actually, there is another iPod-like connector located at the bottom of the DR1000. It is for 'future use', an iRex engineer told me this afternoon.
ebookreaders is offline   Reply With Quote