Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-22-2007, 01:36 AM   #376
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
So you've never gotten the battery improvements with the upgrades? That's a real pity. I guess you could bring it up to Tech Support, but if I were you, I don't know if I could bear parting with my iLiad unless it's actually not working at all (which is what happened to me). I guess you've made sure that the config is set for minimum consumption, right? No automatic connections going on and so forth?
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:59 AM   #377
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaHuguet View Post
So you've never gotten the battery improvements with the upgrades? That's a real pity. I guess you could bring it up to Tech Support, but if I were you, I don't know if I could bear parting with my iLiad unless it's actually not working at all (which is what happened to me). I guess you've made sure that the config is set for minimum consumption, right? No automatic connections going on and so forth?
No tech support for me..yet.
Those 5 hours are enough of a batterylife for the kind of use I make of my Iliad.
I guess the frequent on/off switching that I do has influenced the batterylife over the past months.
I have all heehaws, doodahs, whistles and bells switched off.
As I am writing this I realise that I have never tried the 5 times load to full and then use to complete empty method recently described as a battery reviver by -I think- Karel in the Iliad forum over at Irex.
Must give that a try some day.
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:44 AM   #378
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Hmm I have the same issue, about 5 hours is what i get.
And no wifi on and nothing.
The ipdf with battery saving seems not do much..just 1 hour maximal it seems. to push to 6 hrs.
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #379
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

When I had 5 hours, I was also happy enough with it, since I usually read at home, I just plug in when it needs it, and carry on reading while it charges.

Isn't the five times business to be done when new? Anyway, if you go in for the extended battery offer, that should fix it.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:22 AM   #380
DeGodefroi
Zealot

The question is where/how do I enter in the extended battery offer system method?
Old 07-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #381
DeGodefroi
Zealot

Why is nobody answering this question?
I see people mentioning battery upgrade for older ilads.
But where do you apply for that?
I guess I will mail tech support. Pfffff
Old 07-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #382
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Sorry, I expected one of the iLiaddites to answer before now. I don't have an iLiad, but I believe the battery upgrade is still a future thing, that's why you're not finding out how to apply for it yet.

Sorry for the lapse.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:51 AM   #383
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Hi DeGodefroi!

I missed your post. But here you go:
http://www.irextechnologies.com/supp...ry_replacement
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:10 AM   #384
bojan
Enthusiast
bojan is on a distinguished road

@DeGodefroi

You can place your battery replacement request at:
http://www.irextechnologies.com/supp...ry_replacement.

There were was a lot of talk about it at Irex forum, so maybe all people assumed that you have found it there.
bojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:25 AM   #385
DeGodefroi
Zealot

Thnx!
Will check this out.

edit: yup filled it in.
I am amazed that Irex did not allow a way to replace batteries and even offer spare batteries. How hard would that be?
But I love this device, it is wonderful...just needs some minor fixes.

Last edited by DeGodefroi; 07-03-2007 at 05:35 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #386
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Well, I'm glad to be wrong, apparently.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:42 PM   #387
Mattoquai
Enthusiast
Mattoquai began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry 8700c / Nokia N70 / Iliad
Just got my Iliad, happy using it! I've got one little problem though, I can't get Mobipocket to recognize my Iliad. The only way I can upload things now is through the SD-card I use. Am using Windows XP by the way. Have some suggestions maybe?? Thnx!
Mattoquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #388
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Have you downloaded the very latest version of Mobipocket? Have you updated your iLiad to the most recent firmware?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:18 AM   #389
Mattoquai
Enthusiast
Mattoquai began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry 8700c / Nokia N70 / Iliad
Have installed all new versions, still no response. It also isn't a problem with my usb-drive, works perfectly with all other devices I have. Very strange..
Am going to do a total re-install soon, maybe after that it works magically
Mattoquai is offline   Reply With Quote