Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 02:11 AM   #166
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Hey, I suggested that several pages ago!
you're "da man" as far as Irex is concerned.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #167
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Straven View Post
@Shaggy: Hey there! So, uhhh, it's been twenty-four hours. Got my money?
I think I missed something.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #168
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
We have identified a bug in the v1.0 firmware which could lead to a much lower than expected battery life.

When this bug is triggered, the system doesn't enter idle mode (which it normally does after 5 seconds of inactivity). In this case the device will also not automatically go to standby (off-state with white screen after 30 mins of inactivity).

We will fix this in the upcoming 2.0 firmware release.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:36 AM   #169
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
We have identified a bug in the v1.0 firmware which could lead to a much lower than expected battery life.

When this bug is triggered, the system doesn't enter idle mode (which it normally does after 5 seconds of inactivity). In this case the device will also not automatically go to standby (off-state with white screen after 30 mins of inactivity).

We will fix this in the upcoming 2.0 firmware release.
Thanks for the info, Matthijs. Perhaps you could also enlighten us on why there is no slot for the pen? Was there really no space inside the unit?
Old 03-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #170
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
Boy, I'm I happy I opted for the Sony!
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #171
The Straven
Nevermore
The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: ex-iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
I think I missed something.
Sorry, I was making too obscure of a joke. That was a quote from Family Guy.
The Straven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #172
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboardman View Post
Boy, I'm I happy I opted for the Sony!
On the other hand: When did Sony, Amazon or B&N ever join such a thread?
One thing is for sure: In iRex you obviously find people who understand their business (developers, engineers, ...), whereas some of the others simply sell a product, manufactured and assembled in China...

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-18-2010 at 06:52 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:22 PM   #173
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
One thing is for sure: In iRex you obviously find people who understand their business (developers, engineers, ...), whereas some of the others simply sell a product, manufactured and assembled in China...
My thinking exactly. Yes, the Sony does seem more polished -- I am taking your word on that. But the screen cannot compare to the Irex. And the open system of the Irex is a great advantage. Just look at all the user created add-ons we have after just a few weeks. So for me the Irex wins hands down.

Of course, Irex could use better marketing. But they do not have the resources that Sony has, obviously. And they are learning.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #174
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
My thinking exactly. Yes, the Sony does seem more polished -- I am taking your word on that. But the screen cannot compare to the Irex. And the open system of the Irex is a great advantage. Just look at all the user created add-ons we have after just a few weeks. So for me the Irex wins hands down.

Of course, Irex could use better marketing. But they do not have the resources that Sony has, obviously. And they are learning.
Well, I can only join with the "me too" to these comments.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #175
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
you're "da man" as far as Irex is concerned.
Hardly. That would definitely be Matthijs.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #176
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Straven View Post
Sorry, I was making too obscure of a joke. That was a quote from Family Guy.
Ah. I don't watch Family Guy, so missed the reference.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #177
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Not to mention that they all have their own bugs too.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #178
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Hardly. That would definitely be Matthijs.
Mmmm - Irex support site goes down at the weekend. Shaggy's not on MR the whole of the same weekend. Coincidence???
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #179
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Mmmm - Irex support site goes down at the weekend. Shaggy's not on MR the whole of the same weekend. Coincidence???
I'm usually not on the forums over the weekend. Nothing new there.