Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #166
zoma
zoma began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
epubs converted with calibre not shown

My Irex DR 800S doesn't show epubs, too. I am talking of epubs converted with calibre from rtf or html. It shows the front picture (oder the calibre-page) and than blank pages springing from page 2 to (say) 76 and so on.

Anyone got the same bug?
zoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #167
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Are you sure there's nothing wrong with the converted file? Do those ePubs work in a different reader?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #168
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoma View Post
My Irex DR 800S doesn't show epubs, too. I am talking of epubs converted with calibre from rtf or html. It shows the front picture (oder the calibre-page) and than blank pages springing from page 2 to (say) 76 and so on.
The best check on a Desktop is to try reading the ePub using Sony eBook Library, because eBL uses mobile Adobe Digital Editions (just like the DR800S). If it displays OK under eBL, then it probably is a DR800S bug.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #169
electrotype
Enthusiast
electrotype began at the beginning.

Device: none
So I decided to trust iRex and I ordered a DR800SG (using usunlocked.com, I'm from Canada) because of the PDF zoom feature promised for the next firmware update!

I know everybody say it's better to not rely on promises, but I really need an ebook reader now...

I hope iRex keep their promises!

Last edited by electrotype; 03-09-2010 at 12:07 PM.
electrotype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #170
zoma
zoma began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Are you sure there's nothing wrong with the converted file? Do those ePubs work in a different reader?
Sony and Cybook read the file okay. No problem. Maybe the device doesn't read drm-'independent'-files.

I converted a respective file with web-books.com and it was shown properly.

Last edited by zoma; 03-11-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: new test
zoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #171
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoma View Post
Sony and Cybook read the file okay. No problem. Maybe the device doesn't read drm-'independent'-files.
It should. Others have gotten this working. I'll try it this evening and see what happens on mine.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote