Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-21-2014, 06:09 PM   #31
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Thanks. I updated and can see the date changed to 2014072210 (don't know what the 10 is) but the update.zip is still there so I renamed it because it prompted me to update again.

I rooted and installed Google play but it's not showing up in my app drawer. I looked at settings apps and it shows that it's running. I then decided to created my Google account but then got a message that android.process.acore has stopped. It looks like the account was created successfully and it did sync. A Google play services icon was then added to the app drawer, but no Play store. I rebooted again but no Play store and it did get the message again that android.process.acore has stopped.

Any ideas besides trying to let the update run again and rerooting?

Did you copy all these files:

GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
Phonesky.apk

to /system/app/ & set permission 644 ?

Last edited by nightboy; 09-21-2014 at 06:18 PM.
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #32
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightboy View Post
Did you copy all these files:

GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
Phonesky.apk

to /system/app/ & set permission 644 ?
Yes and I did check again to make sure the permissions were correct. All except loginservice I can see in settings apps. Since I was able to enter my Google account the loginservice is ok too. It says calendar, contacts, app data and people details synched too.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #33
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Yes and I did check again to make sure the permissions were correct. All except loginservice I can see in settings apps. Since I was able to enter my Google account the loginservice is ok too. It says calendar, contacts, app data and people details synched too.
try to download & install a launcher:
http://novalauncher.com/

"Direct Download APK"

you should see all system apps (hidden ones).
Old 09-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #34
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
try to download & install a launcher:
http://novalauncher.com/

"Direct Download APK"

you should see all system apps (hidden ones).
When I hit download I got the choice to use the browser or Google Play. I now see Google play in the app drawer - thanks!

I am still getting android.process.acore has stopped though. And how do I get to standard android settings? I'm looking for display and wifi settings for now.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #35
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
When I hit download I got the choice to use the browser or Google Play. I now see Google play in the app drawer - thanks!

I am still getting android.process.acore has stopped though. And how do I get to standard android settings? I'm looking for display and wifi settings for now.

Factory reset. the best way to get rid of these errors.
Advert
Old 09-23-2014, 04:50 AM   #36
toromand
toromand began at the beginning.

Device: Bouye T61, Prestigio PER3664
Hi,
nightboy, your link for the Icarus E653 says: (Latest Update 08/28/2014 ) but the link points to the update marked as from 08/14/2014 on the website. Please clarify.

Also any release notes known for the T61 update?

I was wondering - did anyone open T61? Is there maybe an audio port on the main board? What are the battery dimensions?

Regards.
toromand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #37
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by toromand View Post
Hi,
nightboy, your link for the Icarus E653 says: (Latest Update 08/28/2014 ) but the link points to the update marked as from 08/14/2014 on the website. Please clarify.

Also any release notes known for the T61 update?

I was wondering - did anyone open T61? Is there maybe an audio port on the main board? What are the battery dimensions?

Regards.
Icarus's team have updated E653's ROM but they have not posted any information about the new update.
Download their update.zip and read build.prop file.

Code:
ro.boeye.version=Icarus-Ereader_V1.0.0-2014082817

T61's update note: (not in English, used google translate)
Quote:
1, has added a new version of FBreader reader; (also to be further optimized)
2, in addition to pre-readers do not support all PDF format font settings, and the remaining formats are supported font settings;
3, support for standby picture settings, open the picture click pop-up menu, the menu bar has set options; while the user can restore the settings set in standby picture;
4, increase the set after performing a full brush N reader turn pages; setting = "within a user-defined settings;
5, timed shutdown time error problem before remediation;
6, for power optimization;
7, other applications BUG ......
Old 09-24-2014, 07:04 AM   #38
rupi99
rupi99 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
Quote:

I am still getting android.process.acore has stopped though.
Hi,

I had the same failure message. After some recherche in the internet I found out, that this failure is linked to the contacts. As for an ereader we don't need contacts it is not necessary to sync them. So I deleted the relevant part from the gapps and now I have no more this failure message.

- GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

If you already installed gapps, then delete this apk. Otherwise do not install it when you install gapps.
rupi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:35 AM   #39
luby
luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boeye T62
Hi Nightboy, thank you very much for the information in this thread. Thanks to you I am enjoying this device much, much more than if I had to keep just the original firmware.

I contacted Boeye sales (as this is the only e-mail they published), and asked if they have a web site where I can keep checking for the latest firmware. Unfortunately, their response was no.

Could you share with us how did you find this new T62 firmware? Is there some Chinese site the guy from Boeye sales did not want to discuss with me, seeing I am contacting him in English?

Thank you.
luby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #40
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by luby View Post
Hi Nightboy, thank you very much for the information in this thread. Thanks to you I am enjoying this device much, much more than if I had to keep just the original firmware.

I contacted Boeye sales (as this is the only e-mail they published), and asked if they have a web site where I can keep checking for the latest firmware. Unfortunately, their response was no.

Could you share with us how did you find this new T62 firmware? Is there some Chinese site the guy from Boeye sales did not want to discuss with me, seeing I am contacting him in English?

Thank you.
I found T62 updates in this link:
pan.baidu.com/s/1mgn2w7Q

But, I could not find a website that has all the updates .
Boyue's official forums (boyuebooks.tk) is closed . (you cannot register or view any post). So, we have to search for these updates in Chinese's websites.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #41
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

My T62 is being kept awake and BetterBatteryStats says it's rtc_hym8563 - any idea what this is? Not a lot returned from Google and I didn't see anything helpful.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #42
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
My T62 is being kept awake and BetterBatteryStats says it's rtc_hym8563 - any idea what this is? Not a lot returned from Google and I didn't see anything helpful.
I rebooted last night and this morning when I checked BetterBatteryStats 75% of battery was used by rtc_hym8563 keeping it awake so rebooting doesn't seem to get rid of the problem. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this I'd appreciate it.

Edit: I am on the E653 rom if that makes a difference.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 09-29-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #43
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
I rebooted last night and this morning when I checked BetterBatteryStats 75% of battery was used by rtc_hym8563 keeping it awake so rebooting doesn't seem to get rid of the problem. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this I'd appreciate it.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/rtc.txt

It is a driver's process which has to run all the time & you cannot kill it. It might be a cause for the battery draining problem. (cpu management).

T62,T62 & E653 are using the same kernel with few differences.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #44
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/rtc.txt

It is a driver's process which has to run all the time & you cannot kill it. It might be a cause for the battery draining problem. (cpu management).

T62,T62 & E653 are using the same kernel with few differences.
Thanks for the info. This had been using at least 2% per hour for me so that really sucks. I wonder if there is someone we can send this info to at Icarus hoping to get a fix. If this was a more popular device a dev on xda might create a new kernel.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #45
luby
luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boeye T62
Smile

Quote:

When using Android based e-readers, we must understand that there is no 'silver bullet' for getting the impressive battery stats in 'sleep' or 'screen off' mode. In this mode the OS still works, albeit less than when actively used. Compare this with Kindle or Kobo - when they are in 'sleep' mode, they don't do anything else (as they are not designed for anything else).

Whether Android develops further in such a direction where a proper 'sleep' mode is designed, which would hibernate the state of the system remains to be seen.

Anyway, I managed to improve the battery stats on my T62 by installing the Power Button app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erbutton&hl=en) and configuring it in the notifications area (HUD was just too unreliable). This allows me to power off the device properly as if I kept on/off button for 3 seconds, thus saving the physical button from wearing down. Apart from other power optimisation apps/tricks mentioned in this and other threads, powering off the device is the only way to go the distance without recharging when you're on holiday.

You could also enable the timed shutdown from the settings of the stock standard device - The minimum timeout is 20 minutes. I did not test as I prefer to use the Power Button app, but if I understand it correctly, if you enable this setting, it will shut down automatically after 20 minutes of no use.
luby is offline   Reply With Quote