Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-07-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
rhyta
Enthusiast
rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ST Nook w/Glowlight (2)
Need help with using SD card

I have not used the SD card for my Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight before so I could use some help with what to do.

The only thing I can find on the Nook guide is how to put it in the Nook, nada after that.

What I am trying to do is get the books on the SD card as a backup and to transfer books between several Nooks I own.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
rhyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:06 AM   #2
undefined35
undefined35 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
once you install the SD card the Nook will create a few folders on it automatically for you... one such folder is called :My Documents..... this is where you will want to put your books once you've edited it to how you want. ... using a program like Calibre which is good for ebooks and the Nook simple touch, you'll want to go to your SD card then My Files, then Books and move them over to the My Documents folder.... when you are done, unplug your nook from you computer/laptop and it should start to refresh itself with the changes and show your books in the "Library" view.

if you have more questions just let me know and i'll help ya
undefined35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2020, 12:17 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyta View Post
I have not used the SD card for my Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight before so I could use some help with what to do.

The only thing I can find on the Nook guide is how to put it in the Nook, nada after that.

What I am trying to do is get the books on the SD card as a backup and to transfer books between several Nooks I own.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Are the books on the SD card being sideloaded with Calibre or something?

Just insert the blank SD card in the Nook. As undefined says, the Nook will set up the card for you. And if you are using Calibre, you can choose to send books to the Nook itself or to the SD card.

Once the card is set for one Nook, you *should* be able to eject it and plug it into another Nook.

Make sure you power off the Nook when ejecting or inserting the card.

(My ST with Glowlights are sitting on a shelf now, so these are hazy memories from years ago.)
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote