Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-21-2018, 06:44 PM   #1
bookandtea
Mint Magic
bookandtea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Oasis
Smile Now that I'm calm, HELLO. :)

I posted in the Calibre form when I was panicking about not being able to make it work. But, it's fine now, phew. Thank you for the help!

I'm a long-time Kindle user from way back, and I'm making the switch from Kindle to Kobo. I needed to convert my 1300 books to EPUB so I can upload them to my new Kobo Forma (already ordered, hopefully arriving soon). I was able to accomplish this task - yay, Calibre! I made a nice donation, and would encourage anyone on the fence about donating to do the same.

In the 90's I read only sci-fi and fantasy, but since then I've switched over to a lot of memoir and topical non-fiction reading. For instance, art instruction, psychology, and well over two hundred cookbooks, which is a strange thing because I never cook. I'm getting back to sci-fi, and in the last couple years loved Ready Player One and The Martian, that sort of thing. I recently read Seanan McGuire's Wayward Children books and was so impressed and swept away. I'd like to get a list of feminist sci-fi/fantasy and read through that. I also love literature, but am sorely behind on what's new. Barbara Kingsolver is a favorite.

When not reading, I love drawing and painting (total beginner but I have fun with it), playing ukulele, and thinking about cooking.
bookandtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:53 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi bookandtea and welcome to MobileRead.

Be sure and let us know how you like your Kobo when it arrives.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2018, 07:13 PM   #3
bookandtea
Mint Magic
bookandtea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Oasis
Thank you, I will!
bookandtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:16 PM   #4
Wor Geordie
Ancient Student
Wor Geordie began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre on PC
Hello

Hi,
I've just joined as I am using the Calibre Epub reader for Open University course materials.
Is it possible to change the background and foreground colours in Calibre and if so, how do I do it?

I'm a veeeeeery mature student finishing my course of study. I have been a maths teacher since 1989 and I have also run a small business since 1995.
Wor Geordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:23 AM   #5
02xda2
moddedmad
02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wor Geordie View Post
Hi,
I've just joined ........... since 1995.
Hi Wor Geordie,

Welcome to MobileRead !

Post your Calibre related queries here for better/prompt responses
02xda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert