Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
Readmoore
Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle
Sharing highlights from personal documents - realization

I just realized this - if I transfer via USB some personal documents from my harddrive to Kindle, I cannot share the content on Twitter or Facebook while I read them. When I tried, it just said on the screen that the content did not support sharing. However, if I send the same document via the kindle email system, I can share highlights w/o a problem. I wonder why it is set up that way.

Also, is there a way for me to share highlights on social networks without them appearing also on Kindle.amazon.com?

Thanks!
Readmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
RobV
RobV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sharing from personal documents

Thanks! That explains why I could not share from certain docs while sharing was OK for others. You should send the doc by email to your Kindle. Does Amazon keep track of what you've send yourself?

Would it be possible to change the default header that appears on kindle.amazon.com (or Facebook if you have that connected) "Shared from a personal document" to "Shared from <name of the document>"?

Just wondering.
RobV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert