Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-03-2018, 06:29 AM   #586
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i am trying and failing to find page details with those suggested methods...
I see my book thumbnails on the recent list, which I can switch to an expanded view by tapping "more" at the right edge, I can then also select edit book information, but all I can find are reading stats, % read, storage location... nothing about pages

so I get title, author, time spent reading x.x hours. nnn w/m , a date range ( for whan book has been on device? and the book info text
the 3 dots menu offers: edit book info, add to favourites, send file, shortcut to home screen download book cover, remove from recent list
maybe your method only works if the books asre on a moon+ shelf, which is a feature I do not use ?
i do not get what you get if i press left of mini status bar,
my mini bar hows battery %, time, current page numbers for current chapter ( x2 as I am in 2 column mode) and a nn.n% on the right
pressing the extreme left of my min bar is like a long press on a word, it being up the copy, highlight, note, dict, more... panel. pressing anywhere else brings up my bookmarks
I suspect we have differently customised out respective installs?
mini status bar preferences are set on control options screen

UPDATE. ok yes, if i change my control option preference for my mini status bar so that press left brings up book info, I get a big book info display which does contain the pages stuff as you say, and also stuff like chars in book, words in book,. that is NOT in the book info accessed via the recent list. Strange that that other book info is only a subset of available information

so your method is good,with the added proviso that use has not tweaked the relevant preference

Last edited by stumped; 10-03-2018 at 06:36 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:09 AM   #587
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
stumped, you said " if the books asre on a moon+ shelf, which is a feature I do not use "

How do you turn on that feature? One of the things I don't like about Moon+ is that there are no books on my shelf and I can only read one book at a time - I add books from Calibre Companion.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:27 AM   #588
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ok - but please note , this is from someone who never really understood why the author added the shelf feature..
in the main preferences - the ones you get to when there is no book selected, there are some " shelf" options. e.g. you can set up an auto-import from a selected folder to a Moon+ shelf, and you can choose "wooden" shelves or plain ones. I had auto import working with my calibre companion folder but it became just another place that i had to remember to delete stuff from when I'd finished with a book.
from my testing, the books were not actually moved or copied, they were still in the CC folder and nowhere else, the shelf entry is just another database entry that moon maintains. I expect you can also manually move books to multiple shelves , but it is all just duplicating the things that CC also does.

from home screen in MOON+ the main drop down menu has recent, my shelf, my files, bookmarks, and some other stuff. it remembers the last used choice. Recent contains all the books you have started, and have not deleted from the "recent" list. My files is like windows explorer for android, it lets you move around the device's folders to wherever you have books, and it also remembers the last folder selected. Shelf opens the shelf view, dunno if that then has its own menu options to add, remove....

So what works for me is that CC is the "librarian", moon+ is just a reader for what appears on its recent list.. a book gets there 1st time around by me choosing to read it from CC, then I open it directly from the recent list to resume.
The recent list can probably be also made into a widget but that's another feature I don't other with- I open moon+ , which opens at the recent list, and tap the book I want to resume....

the "shelf" would make more sense it you used sideload via USB to add your books to your device, or if you downloaded them to device using export from cloud or some other browser based method. I don't use " via USB" as my tablets can always go online & see either my calibre content server or my cloud storage, so CC is my go fetch tool.
the only time i use USB is to put kindle format books onto a kindle paperwhite from calibre,

Last edited by stumped; 10-03-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:15 AM   #589
stumped
Wizard

update. looking at my (Empty) shelf in moon+. the 3 dots at top right have an option to import books.... i guess that imports books to the shelf
Old 10-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #590
ivodanielfonseca
ivodanielfonseca began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistems Pro HD
Hello. Most of the material I read on my ebook reader are academic papers - in PDF - and I found that Moon+ is the app that gives me the best PDF reflow experience. But there is one thing that is driving me nuts: I cannot find anyway to save my highlights DIRECTLY in the PDF file! I bought the app because I thought that was a basic feature of any PDF reader... is that feature really missing? Thanks, Ivo.
ivodanielfonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:40 AM   #591
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivodanielfonseca View Post
Hello. Most of the material I read on my ebook reader are academic papers - in PDF - and I found that Moon+ is the app that gives me the best PDF reflow experience. But there is one thing that is driving me nuts: I cannot find anyway to save my highlights DIRECTLY in the PDF file! I bought the app because I thought that was a basic feature of any PDF reader... is that feature really missing? Thanks, Ivo.
yes.
the app does not alter or write to the book file in any way.
that is probably true for all android reader apps, and is partly due to how android file permissions work

most reader apps have a free demo/ad supported version, so that you can check if a feature exists before buying

also the free google pdf reader is pretty good
Old 11-10-2018, 06:50 AM   #592
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
I installed last version in a likebook plus, 4.5.4 and now it's very unusable. Every page change you do it makes appear the main ereader notification bar, so it hiddens part of the text.

I uninstalled and installed 4.5.3.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #593
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchamaco View Post
I installed last version in a likebook plus, 4.5.4 and now it's very unusable. Every page change you do it makes appear the main ereader notification bar, so it hiddens part of the text.

I uninstalled and installed 4.5.3.

Are you able to find the 'Show reading progress on book cover' option in this newest version? Looking through the obvious places like Control Options and Miscellaneous turned up nothing for me.
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 05:40 PM   #594
Maevaed
Maevaed began at the beginning.

Device: TLC nxtpaper
Can anyone help me with a Moon+ Reader issue as well please ?
I accidentally made the customize reader button disappear by unticking it and I dont know how to get it back
Please help me
Maevaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 08:49 PM   #595
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maevaed View Post
Can anyone help me with a Moon+ Reader issue as well please ?
I accidentally made the customize reader button disappear by unticking it and I dont know how to get it back
Please help me
Open a book, tap the middle, tap 3 dots top right, tab miscellaneous, scroll to the bottom tap the button that says customize reader bar buttons.

Malcolm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221214-174448_Moon+ Reader Pro.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	661.9 KB
ID:	198410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221214-174457_Moon+ Reader Pro.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	352.8 KB
ID:	198411   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221214-174502_Moon+ Reader Pro.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	198412  
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 05:05 AM   #596
Maevaed
Maevaed began at the beginning.

Device: TLC nxtpaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Open a book, tap the middle, tap 3 dots top right, tab miscellaneous, scroll to the bottom tap the button that says customize reader bar buttons.
Malcolm
Omg thanks a lot !!!
Maevaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 01:18 PM   #597
gandoe
Enthusiast
gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Moon+ Backup and Sync folders on G-Drive; duplicates

Hi,

I just responded to a question about the location of Moon+ backup and sync folders on G-Drive;
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...48#post4282348

and when I checked my G-Drive, I saw there were duplicate folders, although apparently not duplicated files - e.g.,

Apps/Books/.Moon+
- Backup
- Cache
Apps/Books/.Moon+ (1)
- Cache

I use Moon+ on both a OnyxBoox Note2, and my Samsung Tab tablet. Typically, there are different books on each device, although there is an occasional exception in which I will have the same book on both devices, with both devices being used to read that book (for instance, in case I want a higher resolution and or color view of graphics/images than what I can get from the e-ink)

I'm guessing that the duplicated folder structures result from the two different instances of Moon+, both syncing to G-Drive?

Can I consolidate the files in the duplicated folders, or best to leave it alone?

TIA for your help.
Ed
gandoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 04:25 AM   #598
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandoe View Post
Hi,

I just responded to a question about the location of Moon+ backup and sync folders on G-Drive;
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...48#post4282348

and when I checked my G-Drive, I saw there were duplicate folders, although apparently not duplicated files - e.g.,

Apps/Books/.Moon+
- Backup
- Cache
Apps/Books/.Moon+ (1)
- Cache

I use Moon+ on both a OnyxBoox Note2, and my Samsung Tab tablet. Typically, there are different books on each device, although there is an occasional exception in which I will have the same book on both devices, with both devices being used to read that book (for instance, in case I want a higher resolution and or color view of graphics/images than what I can get from the e-ink)

I'm guessing that the duplicated folder structures result from the two different instances of Moon+, both syncing to G-Drive?

Can I consolidate the files in the duplicated folders, or best to leave it alone?

TIA for your help.
Ed
I don't know about that one. I would ask the dev (seanyword@gmail.com) directly about that one. It does seem your two install bases are not similar, are they both off of the play store?
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 03:22 PM   #599
gandoe
Enthusiast
gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Yes, both installs were from the Play store, logged into the same account (so I could get the Pro version)

Thanks for the suggestion!
Ed
gandoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 10:47 AM   #600
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Is there a way to disable background image?

I'm using it in a Boox Poke 3 and even selecting white images background it set the background to a gray dithering

Attached are pictures from Boox native app and Moon+
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boox.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	428.4 KB
ID:	198777   Click image for larger version

Name:	moon.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	584.0 KB
ID:	198778  
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote