Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #31
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I put the collection name in the Tag collumn, and either covert the story from epub to epub, or use Polish books to update the metadata.

The tag column only has one tag in it.

When I send the file to Dropbox, then download on Marvin, they always go into "Uncollected" on Marvin.

I've got it set up so that it sorts into collections fine when I connect to Calibre.

If converting isn't setting the tags, what will I need to do to get the tags inserted properly?
Under Collections, there's a subgroup called Subjects; this is where I see my books grouped by the tags I assigned to them in Calibre.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #32
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@DuskyRose - Tags in calibre are completely different than collections in Marvin. To see books organised by calibre's tags in Marvin you should use the subjects subgroup as @Loosheesh suggests.

http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/62249442864
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #33
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@DuskyRose - Tags in calibre are completely different than collections in Marvin. To see books organised by calibre's tags in Marvin you should use the subjects subgroup as @Loosheesh suggests.

http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/62249442864
It took me a bit, but I finally found how to see the Subject collection. I guess it's default to have it hidden?

The book I brought in from DropBox was sorted into the right tag folder there. But now I see some of Calibre's collections in the main list, and again in the Subject list. Just some, not all of them. One Calibre tag is only in the Subject folder.

I'll guess I'll have to stick to one delivery system or the other, and try to see why not all the Calibre collections are sorting the same as the others.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Hi

I was wondering when Marvin will be working with calibre 2.00 and will it be announced here? I went back to 1.48 and don't want to upgrade again until I know it's working correctly again.

Thanks
The plugin has been fixed to work with Calibre 2.x. You can now install it and it will run. If you need any more help, check the plugin's thread on MR.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #35
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
Thank you for mentioning this!!!
The lite version gave me a preview and the full version looks fantastic. So many options it will take a bit of learning but works great.

It would seem that many on this forum would be interested in Voice Dream. Is this something that is just new to me or are there many who need to be informed?
This is $4.99 right now, if you're interested - see here.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:11 AM   #36
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
This is $4.99 right now, if you're interested - see here.
well, I jumped too quickly but it's still worth the 10 bucks I paid.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:12 AM   #37
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
50% off again this week. $6.49 for Aussies, not $4.99.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote