Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
Laval
Laval began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
[Kobo Aura] Series and number of the series

Hello, when I send a series of books to my reader KOBO Aura the name field of the series and number of the series do not appear between the title and the name of the author. I know that by unplugging / re-connecting and sending another book to my reader the name field of the series and serial number will not appear between the title and the name of the author. I would like to know if he has any other option than to unplug / reconnect and send another book to my reader.
Thank you!
Laval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:26 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
No, there is no other option for doing this except to reconnect the device. The driver updates the database on the device with the series info. But, it cannot do that until the device populates the database with the new book. This is done when the device imports the sideloaded books after the disconnect.

As to the extra send, that depends on some configuration. In the calibre preferences, on the "Sending books to device" page, I recommend setting "Metadata management" to the automatic option. With this, the series info will be updated when the device is connected. You will not need to send another book to do this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert