Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2021, 03:11 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Replacing battery in Kindle 4 (no-touch)

I finally bought and installed the battery in the first Kindle I bought that I used (I had bought a Touch first but I didn't like the light fonts, so I gave it to my brother). I doubt that I'll use this eReader, but it and the Nook Simple Touch were my only two readers for three, or so, years.

The battery I bought said "OEM" and, sure enough, it was identical to the one I took out (except they had taken a Sharpie and scribbled over the Amazon logo). Getting the glue to come loose was a bear. I think the secret is to keep taking the hair dryer to it. The glue seems to harden back really quickly. Everything works, didn't break anything (which kind of surprises me a bit). I can't tell for sure so soon, but the battery seems strong, definitely stronger than the one I took out (which was getting pretty pathetic).

In case anyone still wants to replace the battery in one of these, here's where I bought the battery.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Battery...sAAOSw5MBa8ocA

They show four screwdrivers there but mine only came with two (I only needed one of them). I picked this outfit because they ship from the U.S. The shipping was fast — ordered on the 7th, got it on the 12th.

This will probably be the last of these batteries I'll change, though I'll probably replace the battery in my Nook Simple Touch and Kindle Touch 3G. (Both also weak.) Those should be easier.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote