Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #46
Yordan83
Yordan83 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Hi all,

i'm from Bulgaria, and i will be grateful if someone can answer me:

Can i add Bulgarian language to keyboard? And can open books on bulgarian language?
Yordan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #47
holger.nestmann
holger.nestmann began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note / Tolino Shine 3HD
You can change the keyboard to Bulgarian and I wouldn't see, why books won't work. It has android and does support utf-8
holger.nestmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:17 AM   #48
mlang
mlang began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by holger.nestmann View Post
Hmm - on my unit I do not perceive any imperfections. However I am a bit unsure what you mean by pinhole? Do you have picture which shows it?
The pinholes are visible only when the front light is on.They are like tiny brighter dots somewhere on the screen. They are a bit like dead pixel on LCD screen.
mlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #49
Operations
Operations began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
How does it compare to Nova Pro in terms of comfort of reading? Is it less comfortable to hold for longer periods of time because of weight/size? Is bigger screen less eye straining or is it useful just for displaying technical pdfs without improvement on reading?
Operations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:00 PM   #50
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operations View Post
How does it compare to Nova Pro in terms of comfort of reading? Is it less comfortable to hold for longer periods of time because of weight/size? Is bigger screen less eye straining or is it useful just for displaying technical pdfs without improvement on reading?
Its about the same weight as an iPad Air
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:26 PM   #51
E_inkFuture
E_inkFuture began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
I just installed Pocket from the Onyx store and it runs terribly, very slow. Anyone else getting that? Should I try installing it from a different store?

edit: it seems like forcing A2 mode when optimizing speeds it up. Strangely just turning on A2 mode manually didn’t have that effect.

Last edited by E_inkFuture; 05-19-2019 at 10:51 PM.
E_inkFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:22 PM   #52
Yordan83

Note Pro software update

Hi guys,

Today i received the note pro, but the firmware version is 2.0.1, and i can not update to 2.1.1.
It's the same message every time - can not find update.
Also on the onyx site - https://www.boox.com/downloads/ when i try to download 2.1.1 nothing happens - it's just refreshing the page and no download start.

Can someone help me with advice, what i can do to update?
Old 05-20-2019, 02:37 PM   #53
desk7
Zealot
desk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordan83 View Post
Hi guys,

Today i received the note pro, but the firmware version is 2.0.1, and i can not update to 2.1.1.
It's the same message every time - can not find update.
Also on the onyx site - https://www.boox.com/downloads/ when i try to download 2.1.1 nothing happens - it's just refreshing the page and no download start.

Can someone help me with advice, what i can do to update?
From Onyx forum (http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...solved/1157/11)

"Dear user, we recently updated the firmware to version 2.1.1, which may cause bugs during use. This update has been temporarily suspended and we are currently developing a fix for these issues. The fix will be announced on our official website and social media once it is available. Apologies for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding."
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:55 PM   #54
Yordan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by desk7 View Post
From Onyx forum (http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...solved/1157/11)

"Dear user, we recently updated the firmware to version 2.1.1, which may cause bugs during use. This update has been temporarily suspended and we are currently developing a fix for these issues. The fix will be announced on our official website and social media once it is available. Apologies for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding."
Thank you.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:45 AM   #55
Yordan83

Pen replacement and tips

Hi there,

I have questions about the pen on Note PRO:

1. Can i replace the tips, if yes - from where i can buy replacement tips/pen?
2. Compatible pens from Wacom/or other vendors - or model on this pen?

From Amazon uk:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BOOX-Wacom-...y&sr=8-1-fkmr0

But i have no idea - is that tips suitable for Note pro and can be used on original pen?

I'm planning to use note pro for studying and will do lots of handwriting. I need at least one backup pen + tips. Really hope to be able to replace tips.

Also i know that the screen is made from glass, but i prefer to have screen protector? Can someone recommend me?
Old 05-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #56
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Quote:
Hi there,

I have questions about the pen on Note PRO:

1. Can i replace the tips, if yes - from where i can buy replacement tips/pen?
2. Compatible pens from Wacom/or other vendors - or model on this pen?

From Amazon uk:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BOOX-Wacom-...y&sr=8-1-fkmr0

But i have no idea - is that tips suitable for Note pro and can be used on original pen?

I'm planning to use note pro for studying and will do lots of handwriting. I need at least one backup pen + tips. Really hope to be able to replace tips.

Also i know that the screen is made from glass, but i prefer to have screen protector? Can someone recommend me?
I hear that the Samsung Note pens work on it
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:53 PM   #57
santob
santob began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardwillie View Post
I hear that the Samsung Note pens work on it
Yes can confirm, pens/stylus from Galaxy Note phones (and even their older Note tablets) work
santob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:39 PM   #58
Nelly
Nelly doesn't litterNelly doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Hi guys,

Where do you find the firmware information on the device? I’ve looked in the settings and can only see the Android info, not firmware

Cheers
Nelly
Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote