Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #16
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Yes.
However, one of the three most powerful eInk's features (the other two are eye-strain-free experience and freedom of reading outdoors) is lost to me because the gadget's battery life is not even 20% of what eInk can do. I cannot afford thinking about battery life when I read books. Reading must be accompanied with an absolutely relaxing atmosphere.
If you JUST read, the eDGe is not for you, even if the battery gives you easily 16 hours of reading only. Plus, you can have a spare battery.

But people who love it are the ones who work on texts.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:22 AM   #17
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
That, of course, is a point. But personally I am used to charge all my electronic devices every night.
48 hours is the minimum i expect from a device.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #18
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
48 hours is the minimum i expect from a device.
Including your laptop?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #19
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Including your laptop?
Well, my netbook do hold two days (if not3) with the "standard" use. By standard i mean the use me myself and i make of the device 90% of the time.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 06-09-2011 at 02:12 PM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #20
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur
Erminio Mostacci began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe, iRex DR 1000, Cybook Gen3
I think that eDGe is good & big eBook-Reader. For my works reading time is quite sufficient.
Erminio Mostacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #21
JBrondos
eDGe Panegyricist
JBrondos has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: enTourage eDGe
Thanks, MobileRead, for providing an asylum to certifiable eDGe refugees!
JBrondos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #22
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Kind thanks, Nate. And glad to see you found your way here, JBrondos!
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #23
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Yes.
However, one of the three most powerful eInk's features (the other two are eye-strain-free experience and freedom of reading outdoors) is lost to me because the gadget's battery life is not even 20% of what eInk can do. I cannot afford thinking about battery life when I read books. Reading must be accompanied with an absolutely relaxing atmosphere.
That was one of the things I found tiresome with the Edge. The constant charging.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #24
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
They deserved to go down. The device was not bad. Had a large edge, which I sold after getting banned because I pointed out the licence terms violations. I got a pocket now on clearance and like it better (with ermine) than the large one. hope the community will keep the development and the battery will not die too soon.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #25
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
battery is just fine

I don't have an issue with the battery. Yes, it's no kindle, but it's not supposed to be. The edge goes on a charger at night. I have a charger at work and put the edge on power when not in meetings. Though, I've found this is overkill and have been able to make it through the entire workday with charge to spare when I left the AC adapter at home.

Last edited by ken_jennings; 06-14-2011 at 06:39 PM.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #26
Canezila
Canezila began at the beginning.

Device: Edge dual book black, Sony reader, Kindle DX, Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7"
Good to see an old name, ken_jennings.

I have a droidx and have bought 2 extra big batteries for the phone and go through them fast.

I just don't think about my edge and battery life. It really goes a while without charging compared to my droidx.

The only thing I have found that might do what the edge does is the notion adam. In fact, once my edge dies, the notion Adam may be my choice.. if it is 2nd generation.
Canezila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #27
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome to MobileRead, Canezila!!

As far as battery life goes, I gladly trade battery life for a tablet that ties into my ereader.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote