Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2021, 07:45 AM   #1
mnju
mnju began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Question Paperwhite always indexing?

I have a 10th gen Paperwhite, latest firmware installed, with many of books on it, organized in collections.

I only added a couple of books in the last month, but I noticed the battery is quickly draining and the rotating progress indicator active for several seconds whenever I enter and leave a collection (not reading anything, just looking at the books list.)

If I search for a meaningless word it doesn't show any unindexed books... I also don't know anything about jailbreaking so I can't see what's happening under the hood. Any idea?
mnju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
It could be something not allowing the indexing to finish. I suggest you delete the eBooks you added last month and add them one at a time until you find out which one isn't indexing.

But before you add them back, mack sure nothing is stuck indexing and all is well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2021, 08:36 AM   #3
mnju

Thanks, I'll try. Although I haven't used the reader for a while so I'm not sure if there is a problem with any of the other books.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:39 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnju View Post
Thanks, I'll try. Although I haven't used the reader for a while so I'm not sure if there is a problem with any of the other books.
Once you remove last month's books, check if indexing is stuck. If not, then you are good to try to find which one caused the indexing to become stuck.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #5
hius07
Guru
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
Have you turned on wifi recently? If not, do it for 5-10 minutes.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2021, 09:49 AM   #6
mnju

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Have you turned on wifi recently? If not, do it for 5-10 minutes.
I never use wifi because I don't want it to sync several gigabytes, so I use the usb cable to sideload books. Why does it matter for indexing?
Old 02-23-2021, 10:19 AM   #7
hius07
Guru
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
Not only indexing is a culprit of battery drain.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:43 PM   #8
mnju

Ok, I was wrong: "search everywhere" was showing no results and no other message so I thought that meant there were no unindexed books. But when I kept tapping on it, it finally showed several unindexed books. So that was the problem.

Last edited by mnju; 02-23-2021 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #9
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad mini
For some reason my Paperwhite has been having a lot of weird issues lately, battery drain, etc. It seems better after Restart and left it charging overnight.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote