Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Baseless speculation about other new kindle thread.

Hey, here is a thread we can put out wild guesses about the kindle touch, paperwhite, and voyage.

When I get the images out may be possible to datamine, but that's not as fun!

So, will we get 7" paperwhite? Voyage with physical buttons?

Put your thoughts.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Hmmm...interesting, it hadn't occurred to me there would be a 7 inch Paperwhite. If there's a chance of that, then it may be prudent to hold off on the Oasis. I like my PW--I just want it to be bigger and have better font and accessibility options. And we know the latest update will take care of the latter. I'd prefer a lower cost PW to the Oasis as I don't care about storage and page buttons.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2017, 10:43 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
Hmmm...interesting, it hadn't occurred to me there would be a 7 inch Paperwhite. If there's a chance of that, then it may be prudent to hold off on the Oasis. I like my PW--I just want it to be bigger and have better font and accessibility options. And we know the latest update will take care of the latter. I'd prefer a lower cost PW to the Oasis as I don't care about storage and page buttons.
Have you tried 5.8.11 on your PW3 yet?
We do have the links posted.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Hey, here is a thread we can put out wild guesses about the kindle touch, paperwhite, and voyage.

When I get the images out may be possible to datamine, but that's not as fun!

So, will we get 7" paperwhite? Voyage with physical buttons?

Put your thoughts.
Not likely.
They where struggling to support six models, now they have to support seven models.
I think next news will be which models they decide to drop.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #5
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
I am hoping for a 6" paperwhite with Bluetooth support and an option for more than 4gb of space.

Last edited by SKK; 10-12-2017 at 11:22 AM.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKK View Post
I am hoping for a 6" paperwhite with Bluetooth support and a option for more than 4gb of space.
Indeed, that is an empty spot in the product line up.
At this moment, only the cheapest and the most expensive Kindle has Bluetooth support.

Maybe add Bluetooth to the PW3 and drop the "basic" Kindle?
I.E: Bluetooth support would be part of the "new basic feature set".
Old 10-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Maybe add Bluetooth to the PW3 and drop the "basic" Kindle?
Drop the basic Kindle??? I sure hope not. I only buy basic models. The rest of the line is too expensive. I currently use a Kindle 7th gen and will use it until it gives up the ghost.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Bluetooth for Paperwhite 4 and Voyage 2 seems a fairly certain addition, because it allows Amazon to leverage Audible across the line, including on their most popular model. Along with that, I'd guess 8GB storage for every upcoming revision.

No idea if they bring the 7" display to other models. It would be neat, and in some ways it would make sense to simplify the production, but it is rather a main feature on the most premium Kindle. So to not cannibalize sales from Oasis 2, we likely won't see other 7" models for at least a year. But it will probably come in at least one other model. This is how the tech world works: high-end features trickle down to lower-end versions, and then new premium features (color?) go to the upper end.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:41 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I can see the basic Kindle going away. It's too basic. No light and not even a light case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can see the basic Kindle going away. It's too basic. No light and not even a light case.
Not everyone needs a light.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #11
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Have you tried 5.8.11 on your PW3 yet?
We do have the links posted.
Is it going to make my screen bigger?

The last post I read from you, you said my model wasn't ready for updates yet? Guess things have changed within the last hour or so?

In any case, who is "we" and where are the posts linked? Sorry, a little confused here.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #12
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
Is it going to make my screen bigger?

The last post I read from you, you said my model wasn't ready for updates yet? Guess things have changed within the last hour or so?

In any case, who is "we" and where are the posts linked? Sorry, a little confused here.
The links are here. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291179
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:11 PM   #13
tdonline
Addict

Yep, went back to read another knc1 post and went to look for the dev forum. Never ventured there before.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #14
newday07
Connoisseur
newday07 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
what are the differences between europe paperwhite 7th and the japanise one?
newday07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #15
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
As much as I love my voyage, I think the Voyage may be the one in the lineup that may be dropped. I hope not. There isn't as much difference between the New Oasis 2 and the Voyage anymore. Except the form factor. It's a big difference though, but also why any new Paperwhite's may fill in the space left by dropping the Voyage. An enhanced Paperwhite instead of the Voyage. Then they would have 3 options. Entry level Basic ( no light ) Mid level Paperwhite, high end Oasis 2.

Last edited by Wearever; 10-12-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote