Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Mental anguish? I loved it!
And the deluxe leather-bound gold-leaf ebook is of course a priceless prize in itself! I will keep it in the most prominent shelf of my library for ever
i'm thrilled to hear it. my copy is getting a spot right in the front of the bookcase as well.

Quote:
(loved the epilogue by the way )
me too.

Quote:
Mine is already posted and buried somewhere in the huge discussion thread. I can probably find the post again if you are interested
please do !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #17
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Ok, found it. For anyone interested, it's here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1142

Waiting for the others to post theirs now...
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #18
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Holy crap!! I won something!! This is awesome, thanks Alex and MR, thanks pshrynk for getting offed by a crowbar, thanks MTH for offing him.

Congrats to all the other winners as well!! Especially the bonus winners for creative entries!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #19
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
At long last! Sorry for the delay guys, but here are your winners for our MobileRead Spring Contest.

The main prizes go to:

PocketBooks:
GeoffC and nikkie

Astak Pocket PROs:
Blue Monkey and Freckles

The 20 Directebooks vouchers go to:
  • AJ Starr
  • argentsly
  • ATDrake
  • cassidym
  • cu_cannon
  • desdemona
  • DocChip
  • dsvick
  • Ham88
  • Historiann
  • karenh
  • Latinandgreek
  • Lettir
  • loldevin
  • MantleTyper
  • PKFFW
  • R_Dollish
  • SilverGhost40
  • Sourpy
  • sqrt(-1)

Another round of Directebook vouchers for outstandingly entertaining entries go to:
  • Beppe
  • LCF
  • omk3
  • poohbear
  • SneakySnake
  • Steve Jordan
  • WT Sharpe

So who killed pshrynk? The answer: mtravellerh! All of you who submitted the right answer - you have shown us some excellent deductive and wildly creative reasoning that would even make Sherlock Holmes tremble with envy.

Even if you didn't win a reading device or a voucher this time, a big thank you to everyone for making this such a great game. As promised, attached you find the special, leather-bound in a crush proof cover, gold-leaf collector's edition of Rock Lobster's case notes for your maximum enjoyment.

My personal thanks to the MobileRead team who I believe did an amazing job in making this contest come true. You guys rock!!!!

Last but not least, thank you to our friends at PocketBook, Astak and Directebooks who sponsored this contest.

PS: Be on the lookout for more MobileRead contests soon!
I think I'm listed as a winner of a certificate, but I didn't get a notice. R_Dollish is not my user name, but it is my name! Can we verify it by email or something?
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #20
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
:fistpumpingsmiley: :nottobeconfusedwithheadbangingsmiley:

Yay! I'm outstandingly entertaining!

...now I just have to find my bit and post it, and... unfortunately... I'm at work, and it's at home!

I sure wish a mod could dig it out of the billions and billions of submissions and put it up, or send it to me... but alas, I'm sure that's too much to ask.

Right?

It is too much? Right?

Thought so. (sigh) Well, as soon as I can, I'll post it here!

(ahem) it was the second one, guys.

Edit: The reasoning I presented... not nearly as entertaining... is here.)

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 05-21-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #21
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
...now I just have to find my bit and post it, and... unfortunately... I'm at work, and it's at home!

I sure wish a mod could dig it out of the billions and billions of submissions and put it up, or send it to me... but alas, I'm sure that's too much to ask.
Will all of the creative writing winners be part of the official version?
When can we expect the official version?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Will all of the creative writing winners be part of the official version?
When can we expect the official version?
psst, check the first post of this thread.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #23
dsvick
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
psst, check the first post of this thread.

Thanks Zippy, err I mean Zelda, I stopped reading when I saw my name and started jumping up and down in my office!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post

Thanks Zippy, err I mean Zelda, I stopped reading when I saw my name and started jumping up and down in my office!
well, that's pretty understandable, i'm sure i would have done the same thing.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #25
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Congratulations to all!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #26
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I think I'm listed as a winner of a certificate, but I didn't get a notice. R_Dollish is not my user name, but it is my name! Can we verify it by email or something?
We will check it. Don't worry: If it was you then you will get your price. Promised!

(Hehe, i promised that baker in praque the same )
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #27
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
We will check it. Don't worry: If it was you then you will get your price. Promised!

(Hehe, i promised that baker in praque the same )
He was a rougueish looking character, with a fedora pulled low over his eyes - full of hollow words and empty promises. The dame with him was another story, built for sin with legs that went all the way to the floor. I'll humor them for now I thought to myself. Thanks for looking into it!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
He was a rougueish looking character, with a fedora pulled low over his eyes - full of hollow words and empty promises. The dame with him was another story, built for sin with legs that went all the way to the floor. I'll humor them for now I thought to myself. Thanks for looking into it!
nice !
Old 05-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #29
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Ho no, not "Fedora" in the title of the book

By the way, will Rock still come here and does it will discover another case? Even if it's not for a contest
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #30
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Congrats to all the winners and Thanks to the MR staff. It was a great wake-me-up this morning, almost as good as my coffee.

Thanks for a great contest, looking forward to the next one.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote