Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 05:10 AM   #1
NebuK
NebuK began at the beginning.

Device: Acer LumiRead
Unhappy Acer Lumiread get rid of statusbar

Heho,

i'm just holding my third EBook-Reader in hands (after one which i returned to the dealer due to crappy firmware and one that was a gift for my girlfriend) - a Acer Lumiread. Nice little device, good build quality, okay firmware - just one things really drives me nuts. I really like to read Comics and Manga - but the reader seems to think that a 600x800 6" is pleeeenty and includes huge bars at the bottom (that tells you pagenum and ~1cm white space with no use?!?) and the "normal" bar at the top with battery and book title - which is more or less okay, even if not good. Problem's that i'd really like to get rid of the bottom bar - some of the smaller text just isn't readable and zooming takes too long.

Does anyone here know of a way to get rid of those bars? If not - the device seems to run on linux, i couldn't find any information on whether or not some tinkering with the firmware of the device has been tried yet ... does anyone have information on the "hackability" of the device?

Thanks in advantage~ and sorry for the bad english! (Oo german native speaker here)

Regards
- NebuK
NebuK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bars, configuration, firmware, hacking, lumiread